The mere existence of a jar like this of wood with this particular aroma profile (this is CK) was utterly inconceivable to me 20 years ago. I won't burn all of this - the majority of it is bound for the extractor I'm pretty sure.

IMG_0772.jpeg

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Burning a stick of Kyara Chokoh No. Kyara by the incense house, Minorien. Nice, thick, black, and deeply bitter. Love it. And it's on sale too! I still have a lot of sticks left, so I'll save the $350 and look at something else.

Has anyone tried the Nippon Kodo Rakoku Akigasumi?

I want to know if it's any good.

I have the Kyara Momoyama long sticks, and they're nice, but not worth the bucks IMO. Quality is of the utmost concern to me. There are Shoyeido premiums that are around the same price, which are definitely worth it, but I have multiple boxes of Shoyeido premiums. I'm looking for something new.


Joe
 
Has anyone tried the Nippon Kodo Rakoku Akigasumi?

I want to know if it's any good.

Joe
I should have mine in week, its one of sticks released of 450 years anniversary project.
They kept Binder to lowest and the wood was carefully selected, i have high expectations for it.

Manaka day!

Shoyeido Manaka - Koh Kong wood 5 flavors, great balance of all notes, wish the piece were bigger.

Tenkundo Manaka - Vietnamese Nha trang, Crassna 4 flavors cool, sweet and all, awesome wood.

Yamadamatsu Managa - High end Thailand, Crassna too 4 flavors and so beautiful with its amazing flowers, coolness, sweetness and awesome depth.

Private Nagoya shop Manakyara - Vietnamese Fusen, 5 flavors too awesome balance, high depth with lots of notes of saffron, frankincense, flowers, watermelon, medicinal herbs, sweet fruits, honey etc

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I should have mine in week, its one of sticks released of 450 years anniversary project.
They kept Binder to lowest and the wood was carefully selected, i have high expectations for it.

Manaka day!

Shoyeido Manaka - Koh Kong wood 5 flavors, great balance of all notes, wish the piece were bigger.

Tenkundo Manaka - Vietnamese Nha trang, Crassna 4 flavors cool, sweet and all, awesome wood.

Yamadamatsu Managa - High end Thailand, Crassna too 4 flavors and so beautiful with its amazing flowers, coolness, sweetness and awesome depth.

Private Nagoya shop Manakyara - Vietnamese Fusen, 5 flavors too awesome balance, high depth with lots of notes of saffron, frankincense, flowers, watermelon, medicinal herbs, sweet fruits, honey etc

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

I thought Shoyeido only sold Manaka-grade in their incense ceramoney kit?
 
I should have mine in week, its one of sticks released of 450 years anniversary project.
They kept Binder to lowest and the wood was carefully selected, i have high expectations for it.

Manaka day!

Shoyeido Manaka - Koh Kong wood 5 flavors, great balance of all notes, wish the piece were bigger.

Tenkundo Manaka - Vietnamese Nha trang, Crassna 4 flavors cool, sweet and all, awesome wood.

Yamadamatsu Managa - High end Thailand, Crassna too 4 flavors and so beautiful with its amazing flowers, coolness, sweetness and awesome depth.

Private Nagoya shop Manakyara - Vietnamese Fusen, 5 flavors too awesome balance, high depth with lots of notes of saffron, frankincense, flowers, watermelon, medicinal herbs, sweet fruits, honey etc

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
I will wait for you to get the NK Rakoku Akigasumi and see how it compares to some others. I trust your judgement!
 
I thought Shoyeido only sold Manaka-grade in their incense ceramoney kit?
They sell stuff as set or by classification, you don't have to pay for entire set if you want only one or two things etc.
I will wait for you to get the NK Rakoku Akigasumi and see how it compares to some others. I trust your judgement!
Hopefully it won't take long to arrive.
 
I should have mine in week, its one of sticks released of 450 years anniversary project.
They kept Binder to lowest and the wood was carefully selected, i have high expectations for it.

Manaka day!

Shoyeido Manaka - Koh Kong wood 5 flavors, great balance of all notes, wish the piece were bigger.

Tenkundo Manaka - Vietnamese Nha trang, Crassna 4 flavors cool, sweet and all, awesome wood.

Yamadamatsu Managa - High end Thailand, Crassna too 4 flavors and so beautiful with its amazing flowers, coolness, sweetness and awesome depth.

Private Nagoya shop Manakyara - Vietnamese Fusen, 5 flavors too awesome balance, high depth with lots of notes of saffron, frankincense, flowers, watermelon, medicinal herbs, sweet fruits, honey etc

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

@iori Have you gotten the NK Rakoku yet? I know it hasn't been a week, just curious...
 
Back
Top