Shin Kyra Scraps - Green Kynam

Vanilla and honey goodness

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Burn, or should I say "melt" of the day for me is Siberian Cedar resin - Apothecary's Garden. I actually bought this by accident. I had been looking for the Norway Spruce resin that someone on here had talked about but the name had not stuck in my head so I bought the cedar resin instead. I'm very glad I did though. It comes in big hard lumps which turns very gummy when hit with a mortar and pestle but not unmanageable. Soft pine and sugar scented. The melting point is reasonably low and it turns to liquid very quickly. Might get some more as I can see myself going through this in a short amount of time.
1000012825.jpg
1000012826.jpg
 
The mere existence of a jar like this of wood with this particular aroma profile (this is CK) was utterly inconceivable to me 20 years ago. I won't burn all of this - the majority of it is bound for the extractor I'm pretty sure.

View attachment 49866
View attachment 49867
It is amazing isn't it? AND it is going to even get better. In China they now have plantations where they are allowing the trees to grow older before and after the wounding process.

In Japan they are working on growing/cloning/nurturing Kyara call it what you will. Sometimes I ask myself the question, the constant flow of Kyara at Japanese auctions, where is it coming from? Considering it was a resource that for all practical purposes has been depleted from the wild jungle sources sometime ago. The ones at auctions mostly appear in these perfect shapes, a bit like those square watermelons that the Japanese cultivate.

I guess the end of oud theory has taken a full turn on its head.
 
Back
Top