Back to hearing some wood after a while

Scattered Bush Clover "Hainan Black Kyara"

5 Flavored Kyara with mouthful of Honey, flowers, subtle spice and lovely medicinal notes...kind of wood to crave
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Fili Fu Sen - The Oud Lab.

Filipino red soil. Small delicate soft pieces, yet full of oil. Most pieces exhibit that piercing medicinal top note of high grade sinking oud. Although Fili in origin, it shares a lot of the Cambodi profile.
A red aroma; dark fruits & sweet resins. Vanilla, caramel, cinnamon, a hint of musk.
Amazing value wood.
 
Fili Fu Sen - The Oud Lab.

Filipino red soil. Small delicate soft pieces, yet full of oil. Most pieces exhibit that piercing medicinal top note of high grade sinking oud. Although Fili in origin, it shares a lot of the Cambodi profile.
A red aroma; dark fruits & sweet resins. Vanilla, caramel, cinnamon, a hint of musk.
Amazing value wood.
Fili Fu Sen again this evening. Heavenly!
 
You know I still haven't got some of this? TOL had a sale the other day and I was so close to pulling the trigger on 10g but I'm a bit skint after my latest oil purchase. 😭
Once you get a taste of @The Oud Lab you'll never be the same again! Check out their SirIndica or Lanka Kemuri when you finally take the plunge, but whenever it is, it'll be the right time!
 
Once you get a taste of @The Oud Lab you'll never be the same again! Check out their SirIndica or Lanka Kemuri when you finally take the plunge, but whenever it is, it'll be the right time!
Yes, this is 100% true. One of the very best vendors you could possibly hope for! AT has a serious talent for selecting the best of the best, Everything is superb, plus AT’z customer service is unreal, he’s more of a mate these dsys.
 
Yes, this is 100% true. One of the very best vendors you could possibly hope for! AT has a serious talent for selecting the best of the best, Everything is superb, plus AT’z customer service is unreal, he’s more of a mate these dsys.
I don't know how I feel about this lol. Like I need another vendor to obsess over.
 
I don't know how I feel about this lol. Like I need another vendor to obsess over.
Mate, I promise you his stuff is incredible. His oils are so rich & faceted. They mostly follow an aesthetic where the traditional meets the modern. Beautiful vivid top notes & thick resinous bases, executed to perfection. You get no weird, bitter ‘white wood’ notes in any oil, from start to finish they remain perfect. ASO, TOL, Kymya, Habz & Sulaym are the big 5 imo. I’m leaving Ensar out because he annoys me 😂
 
Mate, I promise you his stuff is incredible. His oils are so rich & faceted. They mostly follow an aesthetic where the traditional meets the modern. Beautiful vivid top notes & thick resinous bases, executed to perfection. You get no weird, bitter ‘white wood’ notes in any oil, from start to finish they remain perfect. ASO, TOL, Kymya, Habz & Sulaym are the big 5 imo. I’m leaving Ensar out because he annoys me 😂

This is a heartwarming list for a new dude who makes it a habit of wasting money on things, usually, before figuring it out. Pure dumb luck to have ended up here to begin with, but even more reassuring is that all of my purchases, ever, have been from your big five list!
 
I've become somewhat of a spectator recently ..... gonna remedy that by lighting up a "Processed Merauke" incense stick from the wonderful Dr. Incense. followed by a few brews of his Agarwood Cliff tea from the Wuyi Mountains.

Can you provide more information on the tea, please?
 
Can you provide more information on the tea, please?
I've long been a follower of Dr. Incense's offerings. His uncanny ability to capture the essence of wood into pure processed sticks has resulted in my unwavering support of his monthly offerings (only releases new items on the last Saturday of the month) and as you may have guessed if you are late you are out of luck.
Back in July of 2025 He offered a cliff tea "Zheng Tai Yang" that was crafted with charcoal roasting that incorporated agarwood (forgive me as I don't have the knowledge as to what agarwood was used and due to my health I wasn't able to inquire into the details). needless to say the resulting brews were phenomenal (it wan't until the 3rd steep that the unmistakable agarwood notes became prominent and not in a overpowering manner but a truly masterfully crafted complimentary manner.) (tea was brewed gong fu method)
Then again in Sept. of 2025 he again offered another batch of the tea that I just had to grab another 40 grams of.
He announced that he will release yet another batch of agarwood infused cliff tea tomorrow the following are from his own post.
Bu Zhi Chun (不知春, Unaware of Spring) is one of my most beloved Wuyi Cliff teas. During fermentation, the tea leaves naturally reveal a wonderful scent of Gardenia flower (栀子花). Since 2024, we have been gradually integrating agarwood into this tea through charcoal roasting, allowing the aroma and Qi of agarwood to merge harmoniously with the tea.
I am but a student of cliff teas and seem to be woefully ill-equipped to speak on the subject with any authority (the more you learn the less you know)
I have added a link to his blog
https://dr-incense.com/.../dr-incense.../agarwood-cliff-tea
now I'm gonna have to brew me a few batches!!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    Zheng Tai Yang 2.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 40
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    Ckiff Tea leaves.webp
    118.9 KB · Views: 37
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    blog.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top