I've long been a follower of Dr. Incense's offerings. His uncanny ability to capture the essence of wood into pure processed sticks has resulted in my unwavering support of his monthly offerings (only releases new items on the last Saturday of the month) and as you may have guessed if you are late you are out of luck.
Back in July of 2025 He offered a cliff tea "Zheng Tai Yang" that was crafted with charcoal roasting that incorporated agarwood (forgive me as I don't have the knowledge as to what agarwood was used and due to my health I wasn't able to inquire into the details). needless to say the resulting brews were phenomenal (it wan't until the 3rd steep that the unmistakable agarwood notes became prominent and not in a overpowering manner but a truly masterfully crafted complimentary manner.) (tea was brewed gong fu method)
Then again in Sept. of 2025 he again offered another batch of the tea that I just had to grab another 40 grams of.
He announced that he will release yet another batch of agarwood infused cliff tea tomorrow the following are from his own post.
Bu Zhi Chun (不知春, Unaware of Spring) is one of my most beloved Wuyi Cliff teas. During fermentation, the tea leaves naturally reveal a wonderful scent of Gardenia flower (栀子花). Since 2024, we have been gradually integrating agarwood into this tea through charcoal roasting, allowing the aroma and Qi of agarwood to merge harmoniously with the tea.
I am but a student of cliff teas and seem to be woefully ill-equipped to speak on the subject with any authority (the more you learn the less you know)
I have added a link to his blog
https://dr-incense.com/.../dr-incense.../agarwood-cliff-tea
now I'm gonna have to brew me a few batches!!

I started reading about them as soon as I read your post. Admittedly, I’m happy to hear you mention both gong fu and the third infusion. As I’m sure you’re aware, some folks haven’t even achieved that level of tea experience before throwing around strong opinions online. I’m very interested in this Agarwood roasted cliff tea, enough so to be interested enough to buy some tomorrow before completing all of my research. How are they usually priced? I’m seeing the “yellow” on his site, now, for what I believe is $87/8g. That’s a strong number for tea, but given the background, I’m not out. I’m just curious about how much he has priced them at in the past, as well as the sizes they’re usually offered in. Are they in smaller bags, cakes, tongs, tuos, etc.? I’m beyond interested, both from the perspective of my newly acquired interest in agarwood/oud AND from my long standing love-affair with tea. I didn’t imagine this specific of an interface, so I’m obviously excited. The timing of the release seems almost serendipitous.
 
I started reading about them as soon as I read your post. Admittedly, I’m happy to hear you mention both gong fu and the third infusion. As I’m sure you’re aware, some folks haven’t even achieved that level of tea experience before throwing around strong opinions online. I’m very interested in this Agarwood roasted cliff tea, enough so to be interested enough to buy some tomorrow before completing all of my research. How are they usually priced? I’m seeing the “yellow” on his site, now, for what I believe is $87/8g. That’s a strong number for tea, but given the background, I’m not out. I’m just curious about how much he has priced them at in the past, as well as the sizes they’re usually offered in. Are they in smaller bags, cakes, tongs, tuos, etc.? I’m beyond interested, both from the perspective of my newly acquired interest in agarwood/oud AND from my long standing love-affair with tea. I didn’t imagine this specific of an interface, so I’m obviously excited. The timing of the release seems almost serendipitous.
I have dished out a pretty $$ for oud woods over the years ... the cliff teas are sought after and a bit more pricey. that being said I dished out $168 for a 40g container, the smaller of the two containers that I added to the post. My family thinks I'm certifiably insane..... and for them there are tea bags.
 
I have dished out a pretty $$ for oud woods over the years ... the cliff teas are sought after and a bit more pricey. that being said I dished out $168 for a 40g container, the smaller of the two containers that I added to the post. My family thinks I'm certifiably insane..... and for them there are tea bags.

This price is quite reasonable for what you’re getting, I think. There’s probably an element of marketing involved, but I wouldn’t put it too far off the mark for 5-6 quality sessions.

Thank you so much for letting today be the day you dug some out and shared the experience with us!
 
I have dished out a pretty $$ for oud woods over the years ... the cliff teas are sought after and a bit more pricey. that being said I dished out $168 for a 40g container, the smaller of the two containers that I added to the post. My family thinks I'm certifiably insane..... and for them there are tea bags.

Also - wanted to add - I was asking if they sold this loose leaf tea in a bag to mean a 50g-100g bag, unpressed. I just want to go on record by saying I was not talking about sachets!!
 
Also - wanted to add - I was asking if they sold this loose leaf tea in a bag to mean a 50g-100g bag, unpressed. I just want to go on record by saying I was not talking about sachets!!
I'm not able to speak on quantities other that what I have seen... so 40g metal jar and the larger one that I don't recall the weight and if memory serves me I could swear I saw smaller packets but can't recall the weights, and I for the record I knew you didn't mean sachets !!
 
I'm not able to speak on quantities other that what I have seen... so 40g metal jar and the larger one that I don't recall the weight and if memory serves me I could swear I saw smaller packets but can't recall the weights, and I for the record I knew you didn't mean sachets !!

Is this one like those releases where it sells out in minutes, or will it be available for a little bit where a guy would be allowed to buy some of this stuff after a full night’s rest?
 
Al Fajr Oud - Philippines
This is pretty. Roasted a chip yesterday at medium temp. Today, I broke the same chip down into flakes and cranked it up to 20v. It takes the high heat like a champ with almost no smoke. Floral and earthy-sweet. Fairly similar profile to the maroke I got from this shop.

Yashboob Oud - Silani
This is top-drawer, and I really wish I had got a full tola rather than just a half. Love the greenery and jungle-vegetal vibes at it heats up. Silky, vanillic sweetness later.

IMG_0577.jpeg
 
Yesterday:

Hindi gift from brother Kos
Beautiful and elegant. Actually took my breath away and eft me extremely relaxed to the point that I lied down on the floor for a good 10 min 😀. I was not expecting that.

Today:
Merauke from brother MesOUD. Lovely pristine forests, lakes and earth followed by sweet woody oud and incense - just sublime Mearuke aroma. Was doing some "work" on the computer and this put me in a happy state as I worked away.
 
It's not customary that items for sale are announced in advance ... so I would take that as an item that has had many requests.
I reached out to Dr. Li Fupeng (Dr. Incense) via messenger and inquired to the type and origin of the agarwood used in the cliff tea being released today and he graciously replied that it was a sinking grade wood from Brunei.
 
Nha Trang Tocbong "Qinan species"
Phenomenal wood, its one of my favorite all time, 4 flavored wood with warm honey sweetness as its main core, insane longevity and charm.

Nipponkodo Manaban
Oie School Sanjonishi family they label it as "Bitter" Other branches of the Oie have it as "Salty" and other one "Sour".
They used a Nha Trang Tocbong sinking here as Manaban have similarities to my Jing piece but this one have more medicinal than ther former, terrific piece.

Tenkundo Sanjonishi Gyoun Famous Kyara "Deep Red"
Brilliant Black Oil Kyara, Have all flavors with opening sweet and bitter with spice and sour background then later show abit of salt, lots of depth there too.

Yamadamatsu named Kyara "Colors of the eternal summer"
Start with soft herbal chrysanthemum like, with sweetness, reminiscent of jungles, moments the medicinal notes get deeper with sweetness, apricot, clean, fresh, lotus etc.. lots of layers !
 
Nha Trang Tocbong "Qinan species"
Phenomenal wood, its one of my favorite all time, 4 flavored wood with warm honey sweetness as its main core, insane longevity and charm.

Nipponkodo Manaban
Oie School Sanjonishi family they label it as "Bitter" Other branches of the Oie have it as "Salty" and other one "Sour".
They used a Nha Trang Tocbong sinking here as Manaban have similarities to my Jing piece but this one have more medicinal than ther former, terrific piece.

Tenkundo Sanjonishi Gyoun Famous Kyara "Deep Red"
Brilliant Black Oil Kyara, Have all flavors with opening sweet and bitter with spice and sour background then later show abit of salt, lots of depth there too.

Yamadamatsu named Kyara "Colors of the eternal summer"
Start with soft herbal chrysanthemum like, with sweetness, reminiscent of jungles, moments the medicinal notes get deeper with sweetness, apricot, clean, fresh, lotus etc.. lots of layers !
@iori I am forever mesmerized by your posts. The details you share and explain always leave me grasping for more. When I grow up I want be like you. I generally follow your posts with a general understanding of what you are sharing, but without fail I always get another vocabulary word to add to my dictionary. Tocbong is the word for today. Thank you for sharing!!
 
The sub has been on all day!

Yusa Nha Trang Bead Scrap
Potent, highly resinated, floral-tarry, asphalt-sweet.

DD Oud Oil DD1
Fruity-sweet, dusty-woody. Just a lovely cultivated Cambodi that tolerates high heat.

KZ Mysore Bogwood Sandal
Roasting two fat chunks of this on 19v. Crème brûlée, vanilla custard, whisky barrel.
 
@iori I am forever mesmerized by your posts. The details you share and explain always leave me grasping for more. When I grow up I want be like you. I generally follow your posts with a general understanding of what you are sharing, but without fail I always get another vocabulary word to add to my dictionary. Tocbong is the word for today. Thank you for sharing!!
Agree. Iori's posts are always at a level way above my pay grade but super interesting. Yet to try some TocBong.
 
Back
Top