Kyukyodo Manaka "Path of Clouds"
Phenomenal piece, flavorless, have it all feminine aroma.

Kito Tenkundo "Moss Mat"
Extraordinary wood, this type of wood rarely matched.
Also a flavorless wood of Oie School "Nothing"
Celestial wood with super special charm.

Nipponkodo Manaka "Essence of life"
This is softest wood of the 3 in texture, it match softest green oil Kyara.
Mythical level wood!
Have this amazing watery aroma, perfect flavorless of the nobles school
Main core is medicinal, but all notes coming to ear and mouth in its best way.

I have two more Manaka to try of highest grade one of them from Shino School and other from En School, but now its too late maybe tomorrow I'll do another run.
 
Famous Purple Kyara "Haitang"
This one comes with special bitterness type and its core i would say honey sweet, its 5 flavored Kyara.
Lots of flowers in there with Peach, herbal, soft saffron, clove etc
The wood have special presence but its not loud, regal in every note it display.

Shino School Hachiya Sogen "Forest Dew"
Pureness, green oil at its best! 4 flavored heaven.
Balanced sweetness and biterness with sourness and spiceness in the back.
Beautiful flowers, milky, frankincense etc

Hachiya Sogen Managa "Inaba"
Flavorless too, spice core i would say
Sweetness, apple, mango, clove, saffron, green leaf, milky, musky, delicate and comforting.
This one i feel its Cambodian Kyara used here, overall profile i would say purple, this come second in softness after Essence Manaka
I remember he had a Manaka named Cloud Scenery i hope i can get my hands on it too!

E Ryu Kobori Sokei Manaka "Wind through the pines" "Flavorless"
This one i wanted to try since long glad i did manage to get some sadly its too small 0.2....
Imo this is black oil used here, Medicinal and sweetness of honey in the opening with saffron, lavender, clove, rosemary, peach, berries, fresh etc
Its texture probably hardest of all i tested.
As some say like a court lady šŸ‘„
 
Got a bit of @TheAgarwoodShop sinking purple ck on the subitism today and it always manages to impress me! Definitely gives off an ethereal purple vibe in my opinion but maybe I’m only thinking that because of the name, nonetheless it has a piercing slightly sweet note that’s very calming in my opinion, I don’t know if I have the experience to describe this very well however it just smells incredible I can’t really put it into words. I’m definitely no Kynam expert I’ve never tried wild Kynam and I jumped straight to the high quality type (though I do need to try the normal stuff) but others have said it’s quite close to the real thing. It’s also unbelievable how little you need, I’ll tag a picture that’ll hopefully work but you only need a slither for it to emit an aura of clarity!
Ps. Dont mind the dirty sub and rereading over this I think I’ve gone on a bit but hopefully you get the point.
IMG_7071.jpeg
 
Got a bit of @TheAgarwoodShop sinking purple ck on the subitism today and it always manages to impress me! Definitely gives off an ethereal purple vibe in my opinion but maybe I’m only thinking that because of the name, nonetheless it has a piercing slightly sweet note that’s very calming in my opinion, I don’t know if I have the experience to describe this very well however it just smells incredible I can’t really put it into words. I’m definitely no Kynam expert I’ve never tried wild Kynam and I jumped straight to the high quality type (though I do need to try the normal stuff) but others have said it’s quite close to the real thing. It’s also unbelievable how little you need, I’ll tag a picture that’ll hopefully work but you only need a slither for it to emit an aura of clarity!
Ps. Dont mind the dirty sub and rereading over this I think I’ve gone on a bit but hopefully you get the point.
View attachment 52925
That purple sinking CK is probably about as good as it gets when it comes to a CK. I even hesitate to want to call it CK because it's definitely a cut above the rest. Outstanding stuff.
 
That purple sinking CK is probably about as good as it gets when it comes to a CK. I even hesitate to want to call it CK because it's definitely a cut above the rest. Outstanding stuff.


I'm guessing you're with me here but I have to say it… it's good to acknowledge that CK can include some good quality stuff even if the bulk of it may leave us dissatisfied
 
I'm guessing you're with me here but I have to say it… it's good to acknowledge that CK can include some good quality stuff even if the bulk of it may leave us dissatisfied
That was a bit of a mouthful! I'm definitely with you on that. This sinking purple is most definitely a CK. I was trying to find the listing as I think there is a little bit left. There were some special parameter's which made it into what it is but it was always CK and Alex said as much early in the description of the material. I believe it has been very well aged and already came from a particularly old mother tree. It just happened to be an old CK mother tree.
 
That was a bit of a mouthful! I'm definitely with you on that. This sinking purple is most definitely a CK. I was trying to find the listing as I think there is a little bit left. There were some special parameter's which made it into what it is but it was always CK and Alex said as much early in the description of the material. I believe it has been very well aged and already came from a particularly old mother tree. It just happened to be an old CK mother tree.
Yeah I remember talking to him a few months ago and I’m pretty sure he was saying it was aged for like 7ish years which in Oud years isn’t really too bad to get a product of that quality, I guess it’s more profitable to be selling by the kg in bulk to bigger companies though especially because if you’re reliant on something that requires ageing it’s not a guaranteed profit for a year.
 
Yeah I remember talking to him a few months ago and I’m pretty sure he was saying it was aged for like 7ish years which in Oud years isn’t really too bad to get a product of that quality, I guess it’s more profitable to be selling by the kg in bulk to bigger companies though especially because if you’re reliant on something that requires ageing it’s not a guaranteed profit for a year.
Issue is most of the people can’t afford to let it cure and age as most of the farmers have bills to pay, so they do by the bulk when the stock is somewhat ready, hence the lower quality for most CK

Further more, it’s hard to get top quality CK as most have already been internally assigned. But yeh, even amongst vendors, we have to fight to get the stock.

You can think of it like the Tuna market in Japan.
 
Issue is most of the people can’t afford to let it cure and age as most of the farmers have bills to pay, so they do by the bulk when the stock is somewhat ready, hence the lower quality for most CK

Further more, it’s hard to get top quality CK as most have already been internally assigned. But yeh, even amongst vendors, we have to fight to get the stock.

You can think of it like the Tuna market in Japan.
Great to hear from you Alex. Can I ask, was the CK aged before it was harvested or after? Is it possible to age CK once harvested just by storing it away somewhere?
 
B
Great to hear from you Alex. Can I ask, was the CK aged before it was harvested or after? Is it possible to age CK once harvested just by storing it away somewhere?
both.

There’s the in tree aging and weathering, post harvest aging in log form, then aging after extraction.

Agarwood is a 10-15 year project, not something you cant rush, hence the price cuz you can’t control time. (I wished I had a ā€œage this nowā€ gun)


Heck even aged tangerine peels (20 years) cost $400 per kilo, let alone agarwood.

As per Neil deGrasse Tyson, wood is the rarest resource / material in the universe, Agarwood and Kynam are the rarest woods, which means that Agarwood / Kynam is the rarest resource in the Universe 😊.

I didn’t say that, Neil deGrasse Tyson did 🤣
Great to hear from you Alex. Can I ask, was the CK aged before it was harvested or after? Is it possible to age CK once harvested just by storing it away somewhere?
 
KZ Port Moresby Bead Scraps

Nice smell at room temperature.
Heated, it’s Papua New Guinea with tropical florals. Nice chunky pieces with good resin.
I’m really glad I got some, but I wish the performance at the base was better, and I also wish it could fumigate more loudly.
Certainly a good find for the pricešŸ‘
enjoying mine this morning. I bought 3 bottles to make the shipping worthwhile.
 
Back
Top