Just a gratuitous pic of what’s left of my Habzoud Sinking Sri Lankan 🇱🇰 Looks yummy.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Nice! Maybe it’s just me, but I find Etsy is such a bad website…simply exploring someone’s whole shop is hard. From what I gather it’s a Yemeni lady in London who makes her own bakhoor and sells supplies.

It looks like she’s also reselling subs! If that one isn’t one of the ones like we have, I’d be amazed! Probably why it’s got such a great fit for the mica sheets!

I’m with you on Etsy. Miserable experience nearly always, but for some strange reason, I keep going back.
 
ASO Merauke from years ago

Had to revisit it.

Esoteric scent, with so many nuances, you can extrapolate all sorts of notes.
I really should heat this more often.
I can’t help but think that the aroma would be nice if captured in a perfume, along with some spices and vetiver.
I have some chunks of that, haven't heated it in years... wonder where I put it? I recall it needed a higher temperature
 
Just a gratuitous pic of what’s left of my Habzoud Sinking Sri Lankan 🇱🇰 Looks yummy.

View attachment 53008
beautiful! I take mine out from time to time just to admire. I get so much mileage from the tiniest chips...yesterday, I used a fresh chip on lower heat. Such a nice and sustained cooling note that's halfway between dusty mint and watery cucumbers for me.
 
My first few Kangiiten orders arrived and it has been an amazing afternoon! I started with Dreams of Merauke, then Dreams of African Sandalwood. Just finished up a White Ambergris stick and now I’m about to light a Limu Mountain stick!

Surely this is the beginning of a long and wonderful relationship with Japanese incense.
 
My first few Kangiiten orders arrived and it has been an amazing afternoon! I started with Dreams of Merauke, then Dreams of African Sandalwood. Just finished up a White Ambergris stick and now I’m about to light a Limu Mountain stick!

Surely this is the beginning of a long and wonderful relationship with Japanese incense.
These sticks aren't what I'd usually categorize as Japanese Incense, they're mostly single origin woods or a couple of regions with animalics, they're like ultra premium sticks in that regard. Great way to enjoy profiles of the woods themselves. I think of Japanese Incense as at least having a herbal component to them, but whatever you call these, these are heavy hitters and are giving you a solid foundation into the world of woods and incense!
 
These sticks aren't what I'd usually categorize as Japanese Incense, they're mostly single origin woods or a couple of regions with animalics, they're like ultra premium sticks in that regard. Great way to enjoy profiles of the woods themselves. I think of Japanese Incense as at least having a herbal component to them, but whatever you call these, these are heavy hitters and are giving you a solid foundation into the world of woods and incense!

Good to know! I don’t know anything about any of this, I just assumed it was a style.
 
AlKhudir Oud - Maroke Asgon Double Super

I don’t usually opt for Maroke, not a favorite of mine. But these double super pieces are beautifully fragrant. Glad I got them this time. Might not be the last. The pictured piece was cut off as it was too large. Should have took a pic of it when it was one piece. Anyhow. . Notes of: Cocoa - Coffee - Earthy - deep, dark resinous

For reference:
The pic with the 2 chips shows AlMokhlif Oud Super on the left, and on the right is AlKhudir Oud Double Super
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2361.webp
    240.5 KB · Views: 37
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2360_11zon.webp
    127.4 KB · Views: 41
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2362.webp
    183.6 KB · Views: 38
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2363.webp
    125.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back
Top