Karam Oud - Chinese CK

This is a burner/diffuser made bespoke by Sokkat AlTeeb recently. It’s pretty simple, you either put oil or oud pieces at the top and it’s encased with glass and burnt with a candle. It makes the CK smell nice and cool, slow and steady, as opposed to hot and aggressive.

The result is cool vanilla.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2318.webp
    104.1 KB · Views: 44
@iori I am forever mesmerized by your posts. The details you share and explain always leave me grasping for more. When I grow up I want be like you. I generally follow your posts with a general understanding of what you are sharing, but without fail I always get another vocabulary word to add to my dictionary. Tocbong is the word for today. Thank you for sharing!!
Thanks for kind word!<3

As for the tocbong it means flower its rare wood in Vietnam especially Nhatrang and its rarer than Kinam, of course it comes with grades some of the Chinese mention highest grade of it comparable to what they call White Kinam.

With that on mind you can tell the prices will differ depends on how its aroma.

Also i remember Chinese split it into two species Agarwood species and Qinan species, personally i did try both and i love the later.. but there is top ones from the former i got from Japan under "Manaban/Rakoku/Managa"
 
Brother @Quintillus generously gifted me some samples of different coloured beginners grade wild kyara. I've started with the Red. Wasn't getting anything particularly noticeable from 60 up to 100 but beyond that to 110 I'm starting to notice a scent that completely surprised me! Every morning my wife slams down some kind of nutrient dense flavoured powder protein. It's artificially flavoured although it says it's not. Sniffing away, I had to look around me because I could have sworn that she had placed a glass of this stuff behind me somewhere but no. On closer inspection I discovered it was this kyara that is popping out these lovely little kind of strawberry notes? Does that sound right mate?
 
KZ Port Moresby Bead Scraps

Nice smell at room temperature.
Heated, it’s Papua New Guinea with tropical florals. Nice chunky pieces with good resin.
I’m really glad I got some, but I wish the performance at the base was better, and I also wish it could fumigate more loudly.
Certainly a good find for the pricešŸ‘
Excellent. I've got the powder coming.
 
Kali Luv - The Oud Lab.
This is very special wood. I can’t stress to you how good it is. Yes, it’s reflected in the price but you only need a tiny piece due to how resinated the wood is. It puts out a big aroma & the small piece keeps on giving.

Aside from the high resin / oil content, the aroma is out of this world. It must be the vintage Kalimantan profile the Oud veterans in the Gulf wish they still had easy access to, but don’t.
The slightest hint of green in the top note, before the profile turns deep red recalling a hint of the Cambodi profile. Spicy, musky, dry fruits, dates / plums, with the most delicious sweet Agarwood resin aroma; vanilla, coumarin, caramelised leather yet dark…..
No moss, no oceanic notes, no herbs, just thick spicy, musky, sweet dark red Oud resin. It smells fantastic!!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top