Haven't burned these yet but I'm stating my intent here. The one on the left is especially interesting to me (Pursat from @mesOUD !) given the regular postings about this wood by @Oudamberlove - it has been interesting seeing notes on the variety of notes this batch of chips was capable of producing, and it will be fascinating to see which emerge from this particular nugget. I've had this piece for a while, and one of the things on my to-do list is to be more purposeful with my burning. I've been meaning to check out a handful of specimens for a while, it's a neglected aspect of this hobby for me.

The other wood chip here arrived along with the Assagon sample - a nugget of Sintang. I don't know what to expect from this one, looking forward to seeing what it's all about!
View attachment 53215
Oudamberlove inspired me to place my first order with mesOUD to acquire the Pursat wood. It’s stunning!
I received a nice dark black thick 6 gram chunk, while I don’t get the variation of notes due to owning a single piece, luckily the profile is that of a high grade ‘kinamic’ Crassna. Plenty of medicinal, luminous, high pitched floral & fruity notes with a rounded, sweet resin base note.

All the wood samples I received from Mehmet have been amazing, including that Sintang!
 
AlMokhlif Oud - Sumatri (Super and above)

Wow! This is a deeply complex sweet and aromatic oud here. Its woody, earthy, aquatic, spicy like cardamom and cloves. The scent is incredible.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2403_11zon.webp
    127.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Papuan powder - Kangiiten. At 10 degrees hotter than yesterday and I get a salty ocean breeze note. Again, this is a first for a wood powder. Surely this is terrior?
salty ocean breeze… 🙂
 
Kangiiten - Brunei Beccariana.

A unique top note; bitter minty green, eucalyptus resin. Becomes quite dark in the mid, austere incensey, only slightly sweet. The honeyed musk base note is my favourite part.
Not my favourite example of Bruneian Oud (which is my favourite region for heating) but I keep coming back to these chips because they have an intriguing scent profile. I’ve never smelt any other Oud wood quite like it.
 
Last edited:
@Oudique was kind enough to include a sample of the Bicol/ Leyte wood currently listed on the site with a recent purchase - a great pairing for the Habzoud Alnamir currently on my wrist. Need to play around and find the sweet spot on the sub - but first impressions are that this is really lovely - especially for the very reasonable price. Grateful.
 
Some tiny fresh chips of Habz sinking Sri Lankan. I cranked it at 300C. It goes through its stages really well, ample time to sniff each. At such high heat it unlocked a phase I hadn't smelled before, almost chocolatey. The resin bubbled over pretty fast, and I eventually turned it down to 250C to scent my room. It has been going for over an hour and my room smells amazing.
 
I can't get over how good this Dreams of Malinau incense is once on the sub instead of actually combusting. For me these are no longer a stick. I'm going to grind the whole lot into a powder and use it either on my sub or my handheld. As a wood, Dreams of Malinau is outstanding.
 
Back
Top