Finally got some of that ‘Deniyaya Descent’ named-terroir Silani from Ethereal Resins on the heater. It’s clearly Sri Lankan from the get-go…green, underripe guava, and a bit avocado-like in the beginning. Turning up the heat slightly, banana skins and mint start to come in. Then the bananas turn sweeter and fleshier - closer to ripe yellow plantains. It’s minty up close, but more camphorous at a distance. At higher temperature it starts to show a deeper, more full-throated oudy character that fills the room; it’s kinda diesely after a while.


View attachment 54442
I am very tempted buy the cherry description, but it doesn't sound like you got any of that? The piece in your hand appears shiner than the one pictured on website.
 
I am very tempted buy the cherry description, but it doesn't sound like you got any of that? The piece in your hand appears shiner than the one pictured on website.
Yeah, I can’t say I’ve ever found cherry in Sri Lankan and it’s not jumping out at me here, but everyone’s nose is different.

You’re right that one side is very shiny and dark - almost funny-looking. 🤨

But when you get down to brass tacks, it smells great to me on the heater - nice Silani with a lot going on. Another thing that sold it to me is that the wood is physically in the UK which helps for me.

If you have questions for the seller, you can find him on IG (just for the mods’ info, I am not affiliated with him this was a legit purchase on my part!)
 
Gulf Oud - Hindi Moori

Smoky, woody, resinous
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2591.webp
    173.8 KB · Views: 0
This morning in Brooklyn, I am burn under very low heat the following:

Shoyeido’s agarwood chips Goku-hin grade. Strong under low heat. Again, I prefer double the amount at the Matsu grade much better. But the Goku-hin grade has beautiful nuances up close.

On top of that some sandalwood chips by Baieido. It’s just now heating so nothing yet. But I’ve done this blend before and it’s very relaxing for this worrywart. 🤣
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    image.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1564.webp
    197.1 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1563.webp
    108 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top