Qassr AlOrchid - Hindi Bhutan XL (double super)

Sweet, resinous, woody, saffronic

This is new stock after the vendor ran out quick the first time. Really beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1958.webp
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
Vintage Cambodi Soil from Oudique

Tried this on various temps. I found it’s working best for me at a higher temp. On low it gives mint and honey. On high it gives wood, honey, floral. This is similar in profile to the Merauke soil chips from ASO.

Still learning temps and how best to use the subitism. Any pointers welcome. Definitely learning patience transitioning from incense sticks. Sticks are immediate and require little forethought and interaction. Heating raw chips can take literally an hour before a pleasant outcome and requires attentiveness and forethought and interaction. A much different experience and one that is so far pretty nice.
 
Vintage Cambodi Soil from Oudique

Tried this on various temps. I found it’s working best for me at a higher temp. On low it gives mint and honey. On high it gives wood, honey, floral. This is similar in profile to the Merauke soil chips from ASO.

Still learning temps and how best to use the subitism. Any pointers welcome. Definitely learning patience transitioning from incense sticks. Sticks are immediate and require little forethought and interaction. Heating raw chips can take literally an hour before a pleasant outcome and requires attentiveness and forethought and interaction. A much different experience and one that is so far pretty nice
If you enjoy it most on higher heat, then that’s the right temp for you. End of story 👍
 
Tarakan-Dr. Incense

Started on low for ten minutes and it gives earthy pencil shavings.

Bumped the heat a little for another ten minutes. Earthy shavings intensify. A little sour sweet and a nice nose of salty resin. I don’t know if I’ve ever experienced this profile. Hard to describe.

Another small bump in heat and small tendrils of white smoke appear. I will let it cook here for a while so I don’t scorch it. The earth just gets stronger and stronger. Honey and berries now? A little sour. This feels complex beyond my experience. I have chips that gave earth before but this is straight up soil and pencil and it’s not going down. Reminds me of Durban Poison if you get the reference.

Another bump and honey and the sour berry has changed into a balsamic pine with hint of hojari frankincense. The earth is more balanced. This is probably the most complex agarwood profile I’ve experienced so far. I don’t really have the language for it.

Edit to add more. A few more small bumps trying to push that saturation because it was pretty subtle. The earth and honey notes have changed into an intense caramel burnt sugar that is at the front. Pine notes reduced to a mint. No scorching yet. This can probably take higher heat than I’m using. The scent has pushed into the next room and is almost too much. Interesting!
 
Last edited:
Finally got some of that ‘Deniyaya Descent’ named-terroir Silani from Ethereal Resins on the heater. It’s clearly Sri Lankan from the get-go…green, underripe guava, and a bit avocado-like in the beginning. Turning up the heat slightly, banana skins and mint start to come in. Then the bananas turn sweeter and fleshier - closer to ripe yellow plantains. It’s minty up close, but more camphorous at a distance. At higher temperature it starts to show a deeper, more full-throated oudy character that fills the room; it’s kinda diesely after a while.

Great buy, and the perfect nice consolation prize for missing out on more of Yashboob’s Silani when my Saudi trip got cancelled a few weeks ago!

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top