Finally got my hands on super rare and special Manaka of old times from the Oie"nobles" School.

Dew of the stars
Its Manakyara as i like to call them, they used ancient Kyara here as the master i got it from mentioned.
Orange/Chocolate type Kyara which considered most noble and elegant for Japanese and its most difficult to assign to 5 flavors which is why this is here too as "flavorless"

Gentle and calming scent with all five flavors, which brings peace to both mind and body.
 
enjoying OUDIQUE vintage Cambodian ~ berry notes with hang time, nice order with generous attar testers
same ! I heated up a tiny sliver of Oudique's Cambodian. I started at 225C and ended at 300C. Crazy good stuff, it's so fruity and sweet, eventually getting woodier, and then more chocolate-y. I really understood how that opening translates into fruity oils. Of all the woods I have tried (not many at all), this was the most simplistically "pleasant". My wife also smelled it in the other room, which she rarely does.
 
same ! I heated up a tiny sliver of Oudique's Cambodian. I started at 225C and ended at 300C. Crazy good stuff, it's so fruity and sweet, eventually getting woodier, and then more chocolate-y. I really understood how that opening translates into fruity oils. Of all the woods I have tried (not many at all), this was the most simplistically "pleasant". My wife also smelled it in the other room, which she rarely does.
I have some pieces of woods from @Oudique , high-quality stuff. Need to see what he has now though.
 
Kito Tenkundo Kyara "Wind blowing to one side"
Yellow oil, Main note is spicy along with bitterness, little sweetness and sourness, crystal notes and it have strong power and heavy elegant notes

Poem came with certificate:

As Summer and Autumn
Pass each other on the sky’s
Byways,
From one side does a cool
Breeze blow, I wonder?


This poem evokes a poignant scene, suggesting that in the sky's passageway where summer and autumn meet, the wind may be blowing in only one direction.
 
Kangiiten - Wild Nusantara (Kalimantan). This has notes I've not come across before, or certainly rarely. Everytime I push it up by degrees I get hit with very deep saliva/salty notes. Very raw almost unpleasant. This is followed quickly though by sharp fresh green apple and vanilla. Really interesting stuff.
 
Earlier ASO

Merauke Qadeem​

very interesting, light brown wood, very light in weight. Unsure to shave or put a chunk on Mica… @Al Shareef Oudh what is your recommendation - and heat level?
I put on a whole chunk. ASO recommended that you don't need to go that high with these. Try around the 14 to 16volt range. They shouldn't need more than that.
 
Earlier ASO

Merauke Qadeem​

very interesting, light brown wood, very light in weight. Unsure to shave or put a chunk on Mica… @Al Shareef Oudh what is your recommendation - and heat level?
Just put a chunk on, if the pieces are too big, break/cut in half, then place on burner on 14-16 and enjoy hours of delight
 
I’m also rocking some Maroke today - from Al Fajr Oud in Oman.

The sweet spot for this on my sub is 18v…any lower and it gives off very little. It also doesn’t smell great as it heats up, but once it’s in the slot, it’s very nice. Makes me think of almonds, cherries and pastry crust. English Bakewell tart would be a good analogy.
 
Back
Top