Does anyone have a recommendation for an incense that is relatively inexpensive so I can fumigate a large outdoor area
for me that's generally resins on a hot coal, with or without mica
 
Tibetan style would work well too.
+1 many Tibetan houses have what they can sang or chod incense. This is meant for ritual fumigation. However there are also much more pleasing incense powders from mindrolling, labrang, ganden monasteries which can also be used for the purpose. As a bonus, I know mermade magickal arts also put out some lawudo incense powders but they’re usually targeted for lower temperatures.
Traditionally, back home we used frankincense loban and sal dhoop with coconut coir charcoal. It’s a core fragrance memory but not one I’d recommend unless you need a smoke bomb 😅
 
@Al Shareef Oudh this is so amazing. Set on low- Medium heat and it goes for hours…I get honey, cinnamon and vanilla… wow! Light florals.

Very interesting color and light density wood… and it delivers! Thank you 🙏🏻

 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_7916.webp
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
@Al Shareef Oudh this is so amazing. Set on low- Medium heat and it goes for hours…I get honey, cinnamon and vanilla… wow! Light florals.

Very interesting color and light density wood… and it delivers! Thank you 🙏🏻

Absolutely love these, was burning some the other day, and i love how it just does it's thing without any fuss, i put it on about 16, and just walk away.
 
I agree it’s a very much set it and forget it wood…

What surprised me is it’s not as light as balsa wood but it’s on its way to that light density…

Worry not, it’s got the resin! And you pay per gram so….

After a couple hours, I flipped over the chunk I had on there and it was just very lightly toasted and it kicked up the next wave. After I’ve hit all sides I’m gonna crush it open with pliers and see what happens.
 
Does anyone have a recommendation for an incense that is relatively inexpensive so I can fumigate a large outdoor area
Yes I do. These are huge. I was expecting a regular size tube. These are giant from THE FLORAL SOCIETY.


I love INCUSA even more. These sticks are smaller but mighty. The Charcona & Jagube I recommend !! Chacrona and Jagube are the two foundational plants used to prepare the traditional Amazonian entheogenic brew, Ayahuasca. Chacrona (Psychotria viridis) provides the psychoactive compound DMT, while Jagube (Banisteriopsis caapi) provides the vine containing MAO inhibitors that allow the brew to be active.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    Screenshot 2026-06-20 at 8.05.27 AM.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Today was a good day… made peach pancakes for my father for breakfast, then came home and spent a warm afternoon outdoors in the shade, distilling elderflower essence with a friend, burning oud and sandalwood. Quite a break from the insane pace of the modern world. The first piece of wood on the burner was this Sintang (Kalimantan) from @mesOUD that I've sampled once in the past but have been meaning to get back to for some time. Nice rich Indonesian profile… I was not able to smell it closely enough in the outdoors to really tune into its finer aspects but clearly a fine Indonesian agarwood overall and a good introduction to the smell of higher quality wood for my friend.

What's great is my friend/neighbor is hooked on the whole sandalwood and oud thing, is also interested in extraction methods, and is a retired scientist with all kinds of equipment and expertise to add to pretty much any pursuit. This will be a good summer for fragrance extraction. The plants in the background are mostly mountain mint and clary sage (both destined for distillation / extraction themselves at some point).

IMG_0567.webp
IMG_0568.webp
IMG_0574.webp
IMG_0573.webp
IMG_0572.webp
IMG_0575.webp
 
Last edited:
Today was a good day… made peach pancakes for my father for breakfast, then came home and spent a warm afternoon outdoors in the shade, distilling elderflower essence with a friend, burning oud and sandalwood. Quite a break from the insane pace of the modern world. The first piece of wood on the burner was this Sintang (Kalimantan) from @mesOUD that I've sampled once in the past but have been meaning to get back to for some time. Nice rich Indonesian profile… I was not able to smell it closely enough in the outdoors to really tune into its finer aspects but clearly a fine Indonesian agarwood overall and a good introduction to the smell of higher quality wood for my friend.

What's great is my friend/neighbor is hooked on the whole sandalwood and oud thing, is also interested in extraction methods, and is a retired scientist with all kinds of equipment and expertise to add to pretty much any pursuit. This will be a good summer for fragrance extraction. The plants in the background are mostly mountain mint and clary sage (both destined for distillation / extraction themselves at some point).

View attachment 55297View attachment 55298View attachment 55293View attachment 55294View attachment 55295View attachment 55296
Just use dough to stop the leak
 
Just use dough to stop the leak
We discussed that, fortunately it worked well enough for our purposes today to wrap a wet cloth, very minor leak. I read somewhere that rye flour has the best consistency, I've never tested it out. I will pick some up next time I'm at the market if I can find it!
 
Yes I do. These are huge. I was expecting a regular size tube. These are giant from THE FLORAL SOCIETY.


I love INCUSA even more. These sticks are smaller but mighty. The Charcona & Jagube I recommend !! Chacrona and Jagube are the two foundational plants used to prepare the traditional Amazonian entheogenic brew, Ayahuasca. Chacrona (Psychotria viridis) provides the psychoactive compound DMT, while Jagube (Banisteriopsis caapi) provides the vine containing MAO inhibitors that allow the brew to be active.
Thank you!!!
 
Back
Top