Shoyeido agarwood for the Kodutu heater.

These tiny morsels full of resin deliver a full spectrum session…..lovely!
Man, I wish I could try some of this stuff. Not sure it will ever happen? We were planning a trip to Japan next year but I really don't know if we should even be going? Contributing to the over-tourism is distasteful to me. Plus dealing with such large crowds of people all wanting to see the same things is not my idea of a holiday.
 
Man, I wish I could try some of this stuff. Not sure it will ever happen? We were planning a trip to Japan next year but I really don't know if we should even be going? Contributing to the over-tourism is distasteful to me. Plus dealing with such large crowds of people all wanting to see the same things is not my idea of a holiday.
And even if you bought agarwood in Japan, will they allow you to take it out of the country. If they confiscate it.. what a waste🙁
 
And even if you bought agarwood in Japan, will they allow you to take it out of the country. If they confiscate it.. what a waste🙁
That's something I had not considered!? Is that a thing? I was under the impression that you just couldn'y purchase it online and have it sent from the country but if you made the purchase inside Japan and then took it with you it was fine but I actually have no idea?
 
That's something I had not considered!? Is that a thing? I was under the impression that you just couldn'y purchase it online and have it sent from the country but if you made the purchase inside Japan and then took it with you it was fine but I actually have no idea?
Maybe @matchasmoke or @iori could answer this question?
 
And even if you bought agarwood in Japan, will they allow you to take it out of the country. If they confiscate it.. what a waste🙁
Maybe @matchasmoke or @iori could answer this question?
Hey

You can actually buy from any shop and take it out without a problem, so you shouldn't fear that.
@Olfactory Nomad Also if you ever visit Shoyeido for those small pieces just remember to check the higher grade ones! but they are expensive and last time i spoke with them lots were discontinued and some got priced higher.
Good luck ;3
 
Was doing a more tests of the Manaka from Oie School, 3 different pieces of what i like to call manakyara one of them what they call "Ancient Kyara".
Heavenly Fragrance Hall "Moss Banquet"
Nipponkodo "Essence of life"
Heavenly Fragrance Hall "Dew of the Stars"

All of the 3 is Nothing or Flavorless = "Contains all 5 flavors of the Rikkokugomi System in high balance"
While they each represent a picture but all of them is exceptional fragrance.
The last one use rare type of Old Kyara, the scent is gorgeous and alluring, When you encounter this kind of exquisite fragrance, you'll likely feel as if you're being enveloped in an atmosphere rather than simply smelling the fragrance through your nose.

Oh i forgot mention! once you start going over 120c fasten your seat belt, because its gona take you to the stars ;3
 
Last edited:
Hey

You can actually buy from any shop and take it out without a problem, so you shouldn't fear that.
@Olfactory Nomad Also if you ever visit Shoyeido for those small pieces just remember to check the higher grade ones! but they are expensive and last time i spoke with them lots were discontinued and some got priced higher.
Good luck ;3
Thanks mate!
 
Piece of Encenser kalimantan pontianak on my ceramic heater tonight at work. Cool cacao, sweet carmel and spicy resin, a very enjoyable burn.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0331.webp
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
This was my other big buy from the shops in Taiwan 🇹🇼 - sold to me as 2g of wild Vietnamese white kinam dust. They told me they have a wealthy client who orders wild kinam bracelets to give away to his friends as gifts, and this dust was left over from his last order…like, how can I become mates with this guy? 🤣

I am not a kinam expert, but I am inclined to believe the description. For one thing, I know the shop I bought this from has supplied vendors here and is generally regarded as trustworthy. For another thing, it smells similar to the KZ hon kyara slivers I got a while back - both at room temp and on the heater.

I bought a ceramic heater just for this dust…not the fanciest or most accurate model in terms of temperature control, but it runs cool enough for this (I currently have the knob on 90° - is that too high?). I get the medicinal, sour, bittersweet and slightly milky notes I would expect. It’s not as plummy as the KZ black oil hon kyara - maybe more a yellow plum here. But it feels like a qi nan experience and not CK.
IMG_1268.webp

IMG_1272.webp
 
This was my other big buy from the shops in Taiwan 🇹🇼 - sold to me as 2g of wild Vietnamese white kinam dust. They told me they have a wealthy client who orders wild kinam bracelets to give away to his friends as gifts, and this dust was left over from his last order…like, how can I become mates with this guy? 🤣

I am not a kinam expert, but I am inclined to believe the description. For one thing, I know the shop I bought this from has supplied vendors here and is generally regarded as trustworthy. For another thing, it smells similar to the KZ hon kyara slivers I got a while back - both at room temp and on the heater.

I bought a ceramic heater just for this dust…not the fanciest or most accurate model in terms of temperature control, but it runs cool enough for this (I currently have the knob on 90° - is that too high?). I get the medicinal, sour, bittersweet and slightly milky notes I would expect. It’s not as plummy as the KZ black oil hon kyara - maybe more a yellow plum here. But it feels like a qi nan experience and not CK.
View attachment 55169
View attachment 55170
I should imagine that 2g of wild kynam dust would be very,very expensive. Like, insanely expensive. Impossible for any of us to know. Any temp that it starts putting out a scent is the correct one. You will go through a whole range of temps with it.
 
Found a little baggie with AAA Sri Lanka hand written on it....distinctive Walla Patta aroma I love.
I love those little misplaced baggies that pop up. I found an unlabeled one yesterday as well. I haven't tried it yet but it could be anything. The last few day's I've been heating Sinking Lao - Yusa. This stuff is incredible. Like most sinking woods it has a whole spectrum of notes at different temps. Very noticeable starting low. Sweet and sugary, a little milky an slightly bitter. Wish I had bought more than a gram. When will you be putting new woods up on the website @YusaAromatics ?
 
@An Agarwood Nah Trang wood (I bought 50 grams 😬 😃)just continues to deliver. Patience on heat helps the caramel and vanilla develop - too much heat and I get that slight ammonia … reminding me to take my time and let the room fill on its own time. About 14.7 volts is the spot.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    62c7fb5e-bd51-4458-9cfa-ec49de91395e.webp
    270.5 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    A3AE00C7-1F60-439F-B550-AFE23F0C5F04.webp
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top