The signature of Hainan kinam is quite distinctive and I'm not surprised at the close match.
It literally says "honeyed florals" on the label. When I first got this I was quite struck with it's scent as it's not like any cultivated kynam wood I've smelled before..or even handled. The whole jar is made from very brittle shavings. I hadn't put two and two together with the wood and oil up till now as I've not touched the wood for probably a year now.
 
I've got CK on the sub, CK on a tea candle warmer, my office filled with subtle floral and sweet aromas.
There's naught wrong with a good CK! 🙂
 
It literally says "honeyed florals" on the label. When I first got this I was quite struck with it's scent as it's not like any cultivated kynam wood I've smelled before..or even handled. The whole jar is made from very brittle shavings. I hadn't put two and two together with the wood and oil up till now as I've not touched the wood for probably a year now.
there is a certain honeyed floral quality i associate with Hainan CK for sure. It can be very pronounced in some oils, and the honey can come across as salivary in the less desirable ones.
 
Sabah Tawau - Kangiiten. Sinking grade bead scrap. Very heavily resinated scraps. Has taken a couple of pre-heats to get it going. It's really starting to come alive now at around 150 Celsius. I'm getting a warm, musky note. I actually had to check that I hadn't accidentally put some Mysore in the cup because I'm getting notes that I would normally associate with an aged sandalwood. Totally bizzare for an agarwood. Unsure of the type of agarwood used? I've not had an agarwood open like a sandalwood before. Very interested is seeing where this goes.
 
Karam Oud - Chinese CK

Mmmm honey 🍯 and vanilla

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top