Toc Bong - Kangiiten. I've been reaching soaring new heights of olfactory wonder with this tiny speck of wood dust. Hitting a whole range of brand new and yet somehow familiar notes. There's something very raw and animalic about it? Can you get animalic notes from wood? I feel like I am?
 
Toc Bong - Kangiiten. I've been reaching soaring new heights of olfactory wonder with this tiny speck of wood dust. Hitting a whole range of brand new and yet somehow familiar notes. There's something very raw and animalic about it? Can you get animalic notes from wood? I feel like I am?
Indeed yes, some animalics from wood.

Today, mesOUD Pursat char,
classic Pursat profile in today’s piece.
 
AlMokhlif Oud - Hindi small Sella Super

Smoky, sweet, anise
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2448.webp
    237.6 KB · Views: 0
I had forgotten about these, got them a few (?) decades ago from a Japanese/Asian arts gallery and Emporium in Portland. I believe it was around 2001/2002 because at that time I was living close to the shop where I bought it. Pretty high-end place actually, they had very expensive furniture and antiques most of which was well out of my range as a classroom teacher but they also had all kinds of little things that were fun to collect and comparativelycaffordable like odd boxes of Japanese incense, incense burners, boxes, etc.. I don't know what it says but it came in a set with some other sticks and one of them was quite rich and sinensis / kyara-like. Anybody recognize this or able to translate it? Burning a small stub right now, sweet and ambery with some benzoin and sweet aloeswood aroma.

IMG_2215.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top