Dr Incense Vintage Hainan Chip

This is a delight... reminds me so much like Al Malek Al Ceeni from ASO

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Dr. Incense sinking Malinau chip. OK - so these kind of chips are just so awesome. The exact same texture, density, and hardness of Habzoud's baby king sinkers - like petrified dark chocolate - where it doesn't snap or bend at all - it's just too dense, you have to run a knife at it and pull off little curly bits - it's just hardened resin and sounds like a rock on my table. What's facinating is the bore hole thats at the top of it - and the fact that it has a donut hole. A very cool 2g piece for sure. I'm now tempted not to burn any because its yelling at me to be a bangle. I'm so curious if Dr. Incense had purposely made the hole and if the piece was intended to be a bangle. I mean, someone put a tiny little drill hole in it - max like 28 guage tiny hole.

Smell is fabulous too - it actually shares a bit in common with habzouds sinking fili wood in that they are both really sweet and like space candy smell. A very dense floral vanilla for this malinau though, so definitely a touch different.

While I'm here, his Blue Lotus and Holy Lotus sticks are the stuff dreams are made out of. LOVE these - got 3 boxes. The sinking kalimantan sticks are awesome too. It's actually kinda fun to take little pieces from all my dr incense stick regions and sit and study them to notice the differences. It's kinda addictive - every month he releases a new region and they go so quick, it's hard to say no! Great marketing, that's for sure. and the quality is awesome too!
 
I’m always hesitant to heat a sliver from this
lovely piece that I got from Agarwood Assam.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

On low, berries and florals, then a woodiness,
a touch of resin, and a tiny bit of dry herbs.
On high, I had a difficult time describing notes,
suffice to say that it was smokey.
 
My buddy and I had quite the afternoon. A top shelf bourbon tasting, followed by JK's Kyara Al Samundari, followed by some Filipino Sinking, followed by some Malaccensis, ending in a nice tear of Omani Frankincense.
 
Can you please take an empty vial and fill it with air from that room then ship it to me? 😀

Sounds amazing buddy!

Even better, you're invited to the next session. I gave my AH samples to my buddy and he really enjoyed them!
 
ASO - new Malaysian wood they kindly let me sample. Also some of the nusa wood. Both great. Some better on low heat just because the nature of some chips is dry. But then I did get a total banger of a chip in the bag that's hard as a battery - and I've been shaving little pieces off. That one can handle higher heat but it's the kind of 2g chip that will last for weeks just shaving little bits off! Love chips like this!
 
Back
Top