Doc I latest processed Assam. This is a very good incense. Seems better than last batch. I have limited experience with Assam Agarwood but it doesn’t take experience to know this is quality wood. Back and forth between jungly damp wood and hint of creamy fruit. These processed Agarwood incenses keep getting better and better IMO.

**also burned a small broken piece of Faithful Heart. This seems to be like Samadhi lite on first impression—spices dialed back a bit. Which is very promising.
 
Doc I latest processed Assam. This is a very good incense. Seems better than last batch. I have limited experience with Assam Agarwood but it doesn’t take experience to know this is quality wood. Back and forth between jungly damp wood and hint of creamy fruit. These processed Agarwood incenses keep getting better and better IMO.

**also burned a small broken piece of Faithful Heart. This seems to be like Samadhi lite on first impression—spices dialed back a bit. Which is very promising.
These are the two that I ordered this month. Burned both of them yesterday and thought they were wonderful. Totally agree about the quality of the Assam and the quality of his agarwood sticks in general.
 
Curt's Philippines stick. Hands down, the best agarwood stick I've smelled to date. Gorgeous scent profile with extremely rich and potent aroma.
 
Curt's Philippines stick. Hands down, the best agarwood stick I've smelled to date. Gorgeous scent profile with extremely rich and potent aroma.
The aroma is just like heating the agarwood,
but the Habzoud Philippine sinker has so much resin that it builds up behind the burning tip and causes the stick to become unlit. Either more charcoal was need, or the addition of makko or other wood fibers.
When you relight the tip, it sort of burns away the resin build up.
 
Kyukyodo Ryuhin Koh
Gives you a taste of Kyukyodo’s
signature scent.

Kyukyodo Miyuki
Sandalwood prettyfied with a
powdery slightly floral perfume.
 
The aroma is just like heating the agarwood,
but the Habzoud Philippine sinker has so much resin that it builds up behind the burning tip and causes the stick to become unlit. Either more charcoal was need, or the addition of makko or other wood fibers.
When you relight the tip, it sort of burns away the resin build up.
What was the % of charcoal and other things in this stick?
 
A trip through Shoyeido Premiums
starting with Ohjya-koh to Sho-kaku,
trying to better discern the use of
Clove, Benzoin, Patchouli, Cinnamon,
and Camphor. Nice study.
As I got to Nan-kun, the Aloeswood is more evident, then with Ga-ho, much more
Aloeswood. The Kyara kicks-in with Go-un,
while with Myo-ho it takes a turn into the
sublime😵‍💫, and with Sho-kaku it stays sublime with a touch-up of aromatics.
 
unfortunately, I don't have the time to visit Ouddict as much as I used to before.
listening to Yamadamatsu's Kagetsu(Shining Moon) today.
it's a sweet and minimal sandalwood based blend.
compared to its counterpart, Kayo(Shining Sun), Kagetsu exhibits a lot more subtle, light facets of sandalwood.
I liked the bold scent of Kayo over Kagetsu before but now I like both equally.
 
Incense: Sandalwood, Oudwood and a few ingredinets
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG20211006010039.webp
    182.9 KB · Views: 149
Back
Top