Baieido - Byakudan Kokonoe Kō(白檀九重香)

This is a very gentle, mild take on sandalwood. smelly incredibly smooth and clean.
it comes at 1,650 JPY which I think is very generous for its quality. I'd need to restock this in the near future as my box is near empty.

I'm wondering the reasoning behind this name, Kokonoeo. there is a region called Kokoneo(九重) in Japan.
but it's also one of the last names Japanese people use.
 
Getting to know Doc’s Samadhi lately.

I really enjoy the complexity in this composition. I also realize the recipe is a staple of any incense house. It’s like everyone knows what Jambalaya tastes like yet every restaurant has a different recipe that tastes similar but different.

I think I like King’s Aroma the most, then Samadhi, then Ken’s For the Buddha.
 
My latest stick using
Habzoud Sinking Philippine

Strong agarwood = strong scents.
Fortunately, it’s just like a sliver on a Sub,
unfortunately, the ember goes out often.

My theory is that charcoal can indeed soak
up the smoldering resin but it does it so well that it chokes. I guess that more wood fiber is needed, so it can pass the smoldering resin down the stick more efficiently:Geek:
 
Dr.incense Sinking tarakan and Ken's Tarakan .

I find Ken's to be more robust and lively with a foresty green bite while Dr.incense's feels more refined and smooth . Likely due to the method of preparation and grade of raw materials. Both enjoyable , Dr. a bit more.
 
I just received my sticks from Ken yesterday and have burned two. The PNG and the Kalimantan. These are just superb sticks from a scent perspective. They are both awesome, but just will not stay lit for me either. Such excellent excellent wood, but frustrating it has to be lit a few times over. I’ll set them out to dry more, fingers crossed this helps.
 
I just received my sticks from Ken yesterday and have burned two. The PNG and the Kalimantan. These are just superb sticks from a scent perspective. They are both awesome, but just will not stay lit for me either. Such excellent excellent wood, but frustrating it has to be lit a few times over. I’ll set them out to dry more, fingers crossed this helps.
Burn them upside down, at 90 degrees. Preheat the stick by the flame when lighting it to "soften" the wood/resin.
 
Oh man the new Devadaru is awesome. This is still the best incense I’ve smelled. Nothing hits that “comfort” feeling the way Devadaru does.
It's really nice but I find the frankincense and cedar overpowering the agarwood. I think it's frankincense centered stick.
 
Back
Top