Burned some KyaraZen Pine Winds.

I pick up a lot of different facets each time I burn this. Some days it’s sweet but today I got dark and resinous.

Im realizing I still struggle with smelling Agarwood incense. Lately a lot of my incense just smells like burnt wood. My nose seems to adjust for a bit but if I skip a few days of burning incense it goes back to square one. It’s not always like this but I’m really hoping my nose gives me a damn break soon.
 
Burned some KyaraZen Pine Winds.

I pick up a lot of different facets each time I burn this. Some days it’s sweet but today I got dark and resinous.

Im realizing I still struggle with smelling Agarwood incense. Lately a lot of my incense just smells like burnt wood. My nose seems to adjust for a bit but if I skip a few days of burning incense it goes back to square one. It’s not always like this but I’m really hoping my nose gives me a damn break soon.
After a session of gently heating agarwood, if I light a stick, it smells smokey, but when I light them with my morning coffee, my nose adjusts wonderfully.
 
@BrandonGilbert Seram oud's powdery profile is like no other ouds. Isn't it? 🥰 I really like that orris butter note as well.

Burned Yamadamatsu's Hyofu today.
Dewy watermelon and lotus.
"Mystical" 🤔
Yeah it's really something special! I had to buy 30 grams of it to make sure I wont run out any time soon!

Baiedo Jinkoh Kokoh - this is really reminding me of Kyara hojo red, it has the syrupy, cola sweetness that is just endlessly enjoyable. a tiny bit really fills the space and even lingers until the next day. really glad to have full boxes of this.

Baiedo - Kyara Koh Shi Boku - this box seems different than the sticks from the sampler package, in a good way. the full box is much more about the wood and the spices and other things are really turned down, which i prefer.
 
Burning a small piece of Baieido Kyara Kokoh tonight. It’s hard to deny the greatness of this incense. It’s a powerful, true to Kyara profile, with a masterful blend of some slight spices. Has the effect of making everything just seem right in the world—grounding. Exquisite. Gorgeous. Thicker than normal stick—burns forever. 10/10.

**Maybe deduct a little for price, but when you’re burning it, it seems so worth the money. When staring at a box in your cart, there’s a little pain.
 
Daihatsu Roukaku Aloeswood

The aloeswood is noticeable but so is the benzoin. Overall, I enjoy it, and I get a little association with gold ambergris, but it’s just a resemblance, not the real thing.
 
Holy Land this morning. It’s interesting how different incense smells in different rooms, spaces, settings, etc.

In my studio where I work incense gets burned everyday. I can no longer smell the finer nuances in that space so I forget how great some compositions are until I take them home with me.

Holy Lands is one of those rare compositions that does something special. It’s grounding and meditative but also smells fantastic. I think it’s the finest example of what Tibetan monasteries have to offer.
 
Kunmeido Tokusen Kyara Tenpyo

My sample sticks from way back were long gone, but I recently purchased more to revisit this stick. I’m glad I did.

It’s not user friendly, it’s kinda challenging,
but I enjoy taking the time to rediscover this blend.
 
Back
Top