Kunmeido Tokusen Kyara Tenpyo

My sample sticks from way back were long gone, but I recently purchased more to revisit this stick. I’m glad I did.

It’s not user friendly, it’s kinda challenging,
but I enjoy taking the time to rediscover this blend.
This is a really complex one but really quite good. I am just now starting to get the "kyara" note in it. It's interesting comparing to the old "limited" version as well.
 
Have been burning Agarwood Heart of Shambhala by Mr Parkyid from Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture. Really interesting stick, it has a touch of the Tibetan campfire vibe in the distant background, while the foreground is a more gentle woody spiciness, and also a sort of rich buttery, almost gamey, quality that I've been trying to put my finger on for a week.
 
Yamadamatsu kouboku senshu kyara and sandalwood - pretty decent. Safe to say Yamadamatsu knows how to crank out the hits. Looking forward to the arrival of my Shu-ju kyara sample from them.

the sandalwood is great and the kyara is nice, but im sure it contains very little kyara based on the price. despite that it actually does hit some green kyara notes and reminds me kyara enju and others in the “drydown.”
 
Last edited:
Minorien Kyara Chokoh no.5

I enjoy this stick in small doses.
This blend is just as intriguing as
Kunmeido’s Limited Tokusen Kyara Tenpyo.

After smelling these sticks, then firing up
an Artisanal pure agarwood stick,
my mind says “are you crazy!”,
“why would you burn agarwood by itself”.

But by the same token, it’s nice to enjoy the regional profile of a pure agarwood stick.

Having both is best, but I’ll bet that certain circles of Japanese stick makers, are all about the blend they can craft with agarwoods, than just making pure agarwood sticks.
 
KZ Merauke stick

Although heating Merauke agarwood
is an acquired taste, you wouldn’t think
that with this stick. Quite enjoyable,
not challenging, it’s difficult to describe,
…..one thought comes to mind….
edible woods🧐
 
Fu-in kyara, kyara ryugen, and chokoh no 5.

I realized I don’t really like these since the patchouli or vetiver is way too strong. Smells kinda gross lol, not sure why I bought boxes of these.
 
Yamadamatsu Suifu. regular version.

Low tone summery vibe with a sweet, grassy scent. quite enjoyable but too bold and invasive to my taste.
a whole stick is too much for me. 1/3 of a stick is good enough for me to enjoy this one.
 
Back
Top