Yamadamatsu Shu-ju Kyara
Yellow Kinam from Uncle Kai

I am pondering lately the usefulness and price justification of the Japanese kyara sticks vs just getting pure kynam sticks from Kai. From Kai it is 100% pure kinam for a fraction of the price of most of the japanese sticks, which may or may not have that much actual kyara in them. Of course the scent profiles are a bit different since they are pure sticks vs herbal blends. Just something Ive been mulling over when seeing prices prices things like Kyara Kokoh and many of the Nippon Kodo Kyara.

Like the most expensive Nippon Kodo kyara stick is $3500 for a box, which would be about 300+ grams of pure sinking white kinam sticks from Kai.

Curious if others have thought on this 🙂

My thought is more of a question, the answer to which I may never get 😛
And my question is that how is he selling Kinam sticks at a price which, gram for gram, is cheaper than most wild agarwoods out there?

Since you've tried his sticks, do you feel like he may be using post-distillation mulch in his sticks? Or are you confident that he uses genuine wild Kinam in his Kinam sticks?
 
My thought is more of a question, the answer to which I may never get 😛
And my question is that how is he selling Kinam sticks at a price which, gram for gram, is cheaper than most wild agarwoods out there?

Since you've tried his sticks, do you feel like he may be using post-distillation mulch in his sticks? Or are you confident that he uses genuine wild Kinam in his Kinam sticks?
To my nose, both the dry and burned aroma is authentic 😊 I believe other members here have tried them as well and can vouch.
 
To my nose, both the dry and burned aroma is authentic 😊 I believe other members here have tried them as well and can vouch.

That's good to know. Yeah, if he truly uses wild (and not cultivated) and pre-distilled (and not post-distillation) Kynam powder, I don't see why one shouldn't buy from him. The smell of oils in the japanese sticks just throws me off. They're probably good for scenting a space though. But then I've smelled bakhoors full of perfume oils that are really good for scenting spaces as well and I've found some of them to be very 'oudy'. Hm, I should probably delve into bakhoors as well 😀
 
Yamadamatsu Shu-ju Kyara
Yellow Kinam from Uncle Kai

I am pondering lately the usefulness and price justification of the Japanese kyara sticks vs just getting pure kynam sticks from Kai. From Kai it is 100% pure kinam for a fraction of the price of most of the japanese sticks, which may or may not have that much actual kyara in them. Of course the scent profiles are a bit different since they are pure sticks vs herbal blends. Just something Ive been mulling over when seeing prices prices things like Kyara Kokoh and many of the Nippon Kodo Kyara.

Like the most expensive Nippon Kodo kyara stick is $3500 for a box, which would be about 300+ grams of pure sinking white kinam sticks from Kai.

Curious if others have thought on this 🙂
I guess, it all depends what you are yearning for at a particular time.
To me the incense from bigger houses with their proprietary blends and pure no-bs incense from vendors like Uncle Kai and others are a different experience. However, I like them both from time to time. I can not say with surety that one experience is better than the other.

If you were given an option to stick to more economical and purer incense options and not indulge into Shoyeidos, Baiedos or Yamadamatsu. Would you be able to do it 🙂 . I guess not.
 
Kai un koh (baieido). I have mixed feelings about this incense. Up close it seems very austere, mineral-note and kaiko heavy. If allowed to burn in a space however and if that space is entered later, there is a very soothing classic patchouli-type scent (a note I smell skillfully blended in many of the Japanese low to mid level sticks I have smelled over the years. It does not smell expensive but it smells very comforting.
 
Absolutely. If Pakistan plays consistently as they played yesterday, I see them lifting the cup.
They look hungry. Solid team.
I think I’m going to do a giveaway during this t20 tournament…

yesterday has me super excited for this cup.
Might see a green coloured oil too…
 
Back
Top