KyaraZen Ancient Tones 1/2 last night, 1/2 this morning. Very nice incense. Does have the ability to make the whole room smell of Indonesian Agarwood as stated (love the little pamphlet inside, neat touch). Lots of thick smoke. However, from a scent perspective, I would give Kens Tarakan the edge personally. If I could only keep his incense burning! I have had this issue with so many of his pure wood incenses. Kalimantan, Mindano, Jayapura, In the Agar Woods. I’ve tried the lighter down the stick trick, and the upside down trick. I am starting to tire of it. His stuff is soooooo nice when it burns. Friends, help me some more—what am i doing wrong?Frustrating.
 
KyaraZen Ancient Tones 1/2 last night, 1/2 this morning. Very nice incense. Does have the ability to make the whole room smell of Indonesian Agarwood as stated (love the little pamphlet inside, neat touch). Lots of thick smoke. However, from a scent perspective, I would give Kens Tarakan the edge personally. If I could only keep his incense burning! I have had this issue with so many of his pure wood incenses. Kalimantan, Mindano, Jayapura, In the Agar Woods. I’ve tried the lighter down the stick trick, and the upside down trick. I am starting to tire of it. His stuff is soooooo nice when it burns. Friends, help me some more—what am i doing wrong?Frustrating.
crush the sticks up and put them on a subitism.

His newest half sinking PNG is fricken CRAZY on the subitism and the scent lasts twice as long.
 
KyaraZen Ancient Tones 1/2 last night, 1/2 this morning. Very nice incense. Does have the ability to make the whole room smell of Indonesian Agarwood as stated (love the little pamphlet inside, neat touch). Lots of thick smoke. However, from a scent perspective, I would give Kens Tarakan the edge personally. If I could only keep his incense burning! I have had this issue with so many of his pure wood incenses. Kalimantan, Mindano, Jayapura, In the Agar Woods. I’ve tried the lighter down the stick trick, and the upside down trick. I am starting to tire of it. His stuff is soooooo nice when it burns. Friends, help me some more—what am i doing wrong?Frustrating.
Option 1: give them to me 😛
Option 2: use a lighter to 'pre-heat' the stick, burn one end, keep it upside down and reheat the remaining stick if you see the lit end is about to go out.
 
Option 1: give them to me 😛
Option 2: use a lighter to 'pre-heat' the stick, burn one end, keep it upside down and reheat the remaining stick if you see the lit end is about to go out.
Tried this. Works for me maybe 30% of the time..

crush the sticks up and put them on a subitism.

His newest half sinking PNG is fricken CRAZY on the subitism and the scent lasts twice as long.
Ok I’ll try this and report back. The Mermade Magickal arts burner should work for this (TBH I forgot I had this thing.. 😬), and if it doesn’t my homemade Sub will burn ANYTHING. Also, have Shoyeido portable, Kodutu?…maybe it will do the trick…hmm… was going to sell it but maybe it’ll work
here.
 
Tried this. Works for me maybe 30% of the time..


Ok I’ll try this and report back. The Mermade Magickal arts burner should work for this (TBH I forgot I had this thing.. 😬), and if it doesn’t my homemade Sub will burn ANYTHING. Also, have Shoyeido portable, Kodutu?…maybe it will do the trick…hmm… was going to sell it but maybe it’ll work
here.

Your MMA burner should work because I put mine on super low heat and it’ll start bubbling out resin. I was having troubles with the PNG sticks but I took a 1/4” sliver and crushed it up and got about an hours worth of beautiful scent. It smelled like actual oil which was crazy. Reminded me a lot of Marius’ Memberamo oil.
 
Doc’s Bright Mirror coils just came in!

Okay I take back everything I’ve said about his incense. This is seriously hitting the spot right now.

Never before have I smelled such a lucid Agarwood experience like this without any of the cloying smokiness. I didn’t have to try to smell anything. It was just there. Gorgeous, “blue” Agarwood.
 
Trying my latest stick, the blend inspired
by Musk Man.

Main ingredients are Sri lanka Agarwood, Deer Musk, and Jasmine Sambac.

Walla Patta is still the main note followed by the Jasmine, and the Musk is an influencer.

Since the Japanese sticks don’t use Walla Patta, I get a totally unique experience.

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
You all can call me a Doc Incense shill if you want—I am ok with that. I am in total agreement with @Castingshadows here. The most recent Bright Mirror is a super blend. It’s tough to pinpoint exactly what Agarwood it might be but man is it good. It has a level of refinement beyond many other blends I have sampled. There’s no rough edges whatsoever. It’s a near perfect blend of spice and wood. I think this is (and I’ll likely get stones thrown at me for saying this) probably what some of the Japanese blended sticks should (or used to) smell like. 10/10. I wish I had a lifetime supply.
 
You all can call me a Doc Incense shill if you want—I am ok with that. I am in total agreement with @Castingshadows here. The most recent Bright Mirror is a super blend. It’s tough to pinpoint exactly what Agarwood it might be but man is it good. It has a level of refinement beyond many other blends I have sampled. There’s no rough edges whatsoever. It’s a near perfect blend of spice and wood. I think this is (and I’ll likely get stones thrown at me for saying this) probably what some of the Japanese blended sticks should (or used to) smell like. 10/10. I wish I had a lifetime supply.
It’s absolutely amazing. I asked what region the wood was from and it’s a mix.

He said and I quote “it's not pure agarwood and not single region, i mixed specially for this incense , and the fragrance depends on other spices and agarwood together...😄 not special region, that's the magic of traditional blended incense”

After sitting with this for a few days I’d say Bright Mirror is absolutely the best Agarwood blend I’ve smelled. It’s simply incredible. There’s nothing to try and smell around. There’s no need to hone in and try to decipher anything or imagine what the notes are. There’s nothing acrid, Smokey, or sharp. It’s simply the best Agarwood note I’ve smelled. Not to mention the musky florals from Blue Lotus shine really well but everything is in harmony. I too wish I could burn this every day for the rest of my life.
 
I’ll add to the Doc Incense love, but I should be careful because I don’t really have any other artisanal incense to compare it to. I ordered from Yi-Xin Craft Incense back in September but it still hasn’t arrived (stupidly went with international first class post instead of UPS to save on shipping to Italy).

I have the old version of Bright Mirror and it’s a stunning agarwood. I need to get more blends from him in the future.
Yesterday I burned the Sinking Malinau that’s just arrived and it blew my mind. I want to preserve this smell in my house and capture each whiff in my memory somehow!
 
Back
Top