Rejuvenate Spirit Sinking coils edition

It almost smells like Papuan wood was used in this. Reminds me of Ken’s PNG. Resinous, floral, sparkling Agarwood. Stunning. Baked goods and spices.

Ive been quite vocal about my journey trying to smell burning Agarwood. I’ve reached the end of my year and a half long struggle.
The end??
 
Rejuvenate Spirit Sinking coils edition

It almost smells like Papuan wood was used in this. Reminds me of Ken’s PNG. Resinous, floral, sparkling Agarwood. Stunning. Baked goods and spices.

Ive been quite vocal about my journey trying to smell burning Agarwood. I’ve reached the end of my year and a half long struggle.
I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I really am enjoying this one myself. I still rank the sinking Samadhi I have above this, but not by much.

on a Malaysian kick today. Kens Malaysian and Doc I. Both great, edge to Ken here. Malay wood and oil both have the unique effect of an uplift when I am in a mood to be uplifted and putting me to sleep when I want to sleep. Only region I get this from. Wonder why this is..?
 
The end??
Yeah brother! I can finally smell Agarwood now. It doesn’t smell like straight up charred wood anymore so my fight to learn how to smell pure Agarwood is over.

I couldn’t understand the allure to burning pure Agarwood. I did it anyways and it was nice but now it’s life changing. For example I was burning your Hainan stick from awhile ago and I had to double check I grabbed the right one because it smelled so complex I thought it was a blend.
 
Yeah brother! I can finally smell Agarwood now. It doesn’t smell like straight up charred wood anymore so my fight to learn how to smell pure Agarwood is over.

I couldn’t understand the allure to burning pure Agarwood. I did it anyways and it was nice but now it’s life changing. For example I was burning your Hainan stick from awhile ago and I had to double check I grabbed the right one because it smelled so complex I thought it was a blend.
After a session of gently heating agarwood, if I light a stick, it does smell quite smokey, but every morning when I light some sticks while I sip my morning coffee, they’re just fine.
 
Ken's Tigerwood

Another top stick. This is an incense(y) incense. Diffusive-Sweet profile. Fill up the room quite well with cozy warmth suspended in air.
Its getting colder up here and I am cozy as a bug in the rug.
I burn this one outdoors and it feels like a full composition. I’m glad I have this stick in my collection. Took awhile to understand but it’s so gorgeous now. I struggle burning it indoors but on my back patio it’s glorious.
 
Ken’s Devadaru: ambergris edition

This one feels so elegant and smooth. Like velvet. The ambergris has overtaken the Hojari so everything feels very balanced. It’s interesting watching an incense level out like this. At first the Hojari was a tad bit intense but it seems to have blended into the mix rather nicely. The Agarwood is stunning. I’d love to smell like this everyday if I could.
 
Tokusen kyara tenpyo - quite a lot better than the version that replaced it, this has the syrupy caramel kyara notes going with more refined supportive herbs, where as the new one is super sandalwood and herb heavy. Both are great and top of the Kunmeido line and will take quite a bit more time to fully understand I imagine. Both are better listened to at a distance with plenty of air in my experience, up close they’re far too strong.
 
Ken’s newest Synonyms of Nirvana tonight. The Malaysian Agarwood adds a brilliant touch to the recipe. It feels like Ken is back in his groove after making the move to Hawaii.

I’m curious if there’s any similar compositions from the big Japan houses? Also if anyone knows of any Devadaru-like blends that showcase ambergris and frankincense I’m open for suggestions. I’d be interested in smelling the refinement from a bigger house.
 
Ken's New Cedarflower

Osmanthus is strong in this one. Not harsh, though. I get almost a red fruity vibe. Reminiscent of Raspberries.
I must say, this version is way different than the older recipe. Pretty evident from the looks too. Nevertheless, a beautiful stick.
 
Back
Top