Winter in South Korea is very cold so I can't open the windows for a long time.
so I break incense and heat it on a burner instead of burning it.

so... my IOTD is petrichor jing's sandalwood. I really like heating this incense on a low temp as it brings out more subtle nuances that are often shadowed by smoke.

I think I'd enjoy nerikoh, bakhoor style incense more than stick incense.
 
Kens Kalimantan…what a marvelous incense. Wonderful. Still having lighting issues but the MMA burner works wel

Also, more of Doc I Agarwood sticks over past few days. Sri Lankan, Cambodian (with and without Kynam), Myanmar, Malinau and Assam. So so good. Wonderful wafts of seriously good Agarwood straight through—nothing in the way to experience high quality wood. His stuff just keeps getting better and better it seems. If you’re looking for the pure, beautiful smell of “wood in the air” experience look no further. Just awesome.

I am enjoying Kunmeido Kyara Tenchi incense quite a lot. Massive leftover smell of quality wood all over. I look forward to trying the “old stock” Tokusen Limited soon!

I think my small space heater has absorbed some of these incenses and now it puts out a (surprisingly excellent) medley of smells of these incenses when I fire it up.
 
Burned some of Ken’s PNG today outdoors. I find that burning Agarwood outdoors on the patio this time of year is just incredible. I can smell the actual oils and resins outdoors instead of the usual intensely charred smokiness.

Ken’s PNG had a resinous green aspect to it with tropical florals and of course incense. It was like wearing an oil the scent was so clear and lucid. First time that has ever happened. Life changing.
 
Rejuvenate Spirit Sinking coils edition

It almost smells like Papuan wood was used in this. Reminds me of Ken’s PNG. Resinous, floral, sparkling Agarwood. Stunning. Baked goods and spices.

Ive been quite vocal about my journey trying to smell burning Agarwood. I’ve reached the end of my year and a half long struggle.
 
Back
Top