Ken's New Cedarflower

Osmanthus is strong in this one. Not harsh, though. I get almost a red fruity vibe. Reminiscent of Raspberries.
I must say, this version is way different than the older recipe. Pretty evident from the looks too. Nevertheless, a beautiful stick.
I noticed that about all of his new versions. They all seem vastly different from previous iterations. Synonyms of Nirvana saw a big upgrade with the clove and Malaysian aloes in my opinion.
 
Baieido Tokusen Kobunboku

This Tokusen version supposedly
contains Kalimantan agarwood.
I certainly smell the agarwood.
Enjoyable stick IMO.
 
IO Walla Patta
Nice clean profile

then my homemade
Sri Lanka, Ruh Bela, Deer Musk stick
I get a solemn-like feeling when I smell it,
because Jasmine Sambac was sold around Churches where I grew up.
 
Doc Incense Enlightenment today. Top tier blended stick. Just wonderful. Working my way through some more Japanese sticks, will report back soon.

** I am blown away at some of these sticks and the effect they have. It’s very difficult to decide if I like craft-made incense better or not. I don’t think I’ve turned the corner yet, but some of these sticks are so so good. Clearly the Japanese houses have access to wood which no one else does. I just burned a small piece of a Sumatora stick from Yamada and wow, what an experience. Really really good.
 
Back
Top