Burning 5 different sandalwood incense sticks to compare. The best ones I've tried is produced by a dear irish friend. Using sri lankan brown sandalwood. It's as if oud married sandalwood. This would be the child... the body of oud and the creaminess of sandalwood. Perfect
 
Got these from Andrew early last this year.
Can't remember the name of it...but very nice.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_20211214_110220.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 124
Yamadamatsu Shuju Kyara

I can smell the kyara,
and it looks like Kotaro has the paulownia
box of it available again, but at $900😳
I can’t smell 900😵‍💫
Interesting! I never really got much kyara from my 5 sticks but I can revisit it and see if perhaps I missed it. It was pretty smokey and hard to really see how it was vastly superior to even Ouju. IMO Ouju is pretty much on par with the Kyara firebird series but at a fraction of the price.
 
Interesting! I never really got much kyara from my 5 sticks but I can revisit it and see if perhaps I missed it. It was pretty smokey and hard to really see how it was vastly superior to even Ouju. IMO Ouju is pretty much on par with the Kyara firebird series but at a fraction of the price.
Smokey it is…and definitely not a lot of kyara, about as much as you can pick up from those other two YMs, but this kyara sits alone with the smoke, rather than joining a blend, but at 900? No way…..I get much more kyara goodness from some other sticks.
 
Smokey it is…and definitely not a lot of kyara, about as much as you can pick up from those other two YMs, but this kyara sits alone with the smoke, rather than joining a blend, but at 900? No way…..I get much more kyara goodness from some other sticks.
Ok im burning it now and getting some clear kyara from it finally. But the cultivated kynam sticks from Kai blow this out of the water at a fraction of the price 😅
 
Yizhi Incense's sandalwood.

I like this 7cm height short stick. it's quite convenient to switch scents and strong enough to fill out the small room.
the scent is nice. definitely better than most Japanese sandalwood incense.
 
do you guys know better ways to grind sandalwoods other than using a wood file?
I'm trying to grind black meat sandalwood and it's extremely difficult to grind this wood. 😥
 
Back
Top