Dr Incense Sinking Jayapura

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I would love to hear you’re feedback on that stick.

For today... Daihatsu Roukaku Aloeswood

A little sweetness and spice (mellow turmeric)
a bit of sandalwood, then aloeswood, but I cannot identify the region. It’s worth a sampling, but still undecided on a box.

Followed with Shunkohdo Vietnam Kanhoa
gets smoky, but chock full of Vietnamese Agarwood
 
Wu Shuang Ge Baina

A lot of agarwood scents from a tiny tiny stick.
The Tarakan component shines through the most, but it is purported to contain Brunei, Kalimantan, and Vietnamese agarwood also.
 
Baieido Kunsho

Cambodian agarwood in the mix, but I can pick up only a very subtle sense of that region. But that’s okay, I love the entire Baieido premium line because the ingredients center around the woodiness aspect of the particular agarwood region, as opposed to aromatics taking center stage. A little difficult to wrap your head around initially, which also make them excellent study sticks for appreciating incense.

The woody sticks are my current favorite, but every now and then, an aromatic recipe is equally as satisfying.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Baieido Horyu and Kokonoe

I tried to listen carefully, waving wafts of smoke towards me from 2 feet away.

Horyu gave up some sweetness with a gentle floral.

Kokonoe showed some perfume on top of a slightly waxy base. I wonder if the waxy note came from the agarwood, or from the other ingredients in the recipe.
 
Kida Jinseido Ikuhokoh and Hanakokonoe
...and Shunkohdo Rajantai.

It’s all woods with these three. Very minimal on aromatics. My preferred genre. Koshiboku is nearly in this genre, and I love Koshiboku.

Topped it off with Minorien Kyara Chokoh no5
......this stick is too strong to listen to closely.
But it will scent with an aura around you:thumbsup:
 
King’s aroma was one I enjoyed. If I recall aloeswood is not prominent - lots of spices and herbs. It has been a while though...
 
Ouch that sounds like a burn! You’d think anything named Ranjatai would be expected to be an oud performer!
 
Ouch that sounds like a burn! You’d think anything named Ranjatai would be expected to be an oud performer!

I literally have some Ranjatai in my pocket. Haha. For all the hype, it’s pretty meh. Not terrible, but not wow. I found the same with Tenpyo/Tenchi. And I did a lot of studying pre purchase. For me, the best ones were the ones presenting prominent kyara notes...not the ones laden with 5 spice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Another round with Rajantai
Some sticks are all about the wood,
this stick falls within that category,
I love it.

Then I lit some Baieido Jinkoh Kokoh
sometimes I crave this strong medicinal mix
 
Back
Top