Incense Cones: The Venture I initiated to make incense cones on my own. Today I completed it.

Ingredients:
1. Mysore Sandal Powder the one I got when billets were carved into beads.
2. Rose Petal Powder: Dried them in shade and ground them.
3. Frankincense Powder
4. Persian Saffron Strands

A hectic task was to keep pounding the ingredients for hours and for days. I could do it only for three days. Very interesting findings:
It was a Sandal scent when I mixed the ingredients with a spoon.
After five or six hours, when I was pounding and mixing with a pestle, frankincense was there.
Second day, it was a weird scent that made a bit dismayed, but I didn't give up.
Third day, it was very delicate Sandal Rose fragrance. Very delicate!

Now after making the cones (please never mind my calling these rather funny shapes cones), my fingers smell Rose Sandal.

Its taste is bitter, but I feel if its qehwa is made, that will be very aromatic.

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Incense Cones: The Venture I initiated to make incense cones on my own. Today I completed it.

Ingredients:
1. Mysore Sandal Powder the one I got when billets were carved into beads.
2. Rose Petal Powder: Dried them in shade and ground them.
3. Frankincense Powder
4. Persian Saffron Strands

A hectic task was to keep pounding the ingredients for hours and for days. I could do it only for three days. Very interesting findings:
It was a Sandal scent when I mixed the ingredients with a spoon.
After five or six hours, when I was pounding and mixing with a pestle, frankincense was there.
Second day, it was a weird scent that made a bit dismayed, but I didn't give up.
Third day, it was very delicate Sandal Rose fragrance. Very delicate!

Now after making the cones (please never mind my calling these rather funny shapes cones), my fingers smell Rose Sandal.

Its taste is bitter, but I feel if its qehwa is made, that will be very aromatic.

View attachment 10109
View attachment 10110
View attachment 10111

Congrats Rai, looks great (and a lot of work!)
 
Kida Jinseido Hanakokonoe
Mellow and harmonious blend of agarwood, binder, sandalwood, and aromatics.
Perfect for de-stressing.

Followed it with a KZ stick
Sandalwood Saffron
It has a strong sandalwood aroma, and the saffron gives it a touch of perfume.
 
Alsalamualaykum brothers and sisters I tried my hand at making incense sticks and I have to say I like making bakhoor more. The blend is sandalwood, bee propolis, and rose otto India.
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the DayThe scent is sweet rosey with a slight musty tobacco note from the bee propolis and a very nice sandalwood through out.
 
Propolis! That’s resin gathered by bees?
 
I’ve always thought tincturing a good incense would not be the worst of ideas.
 
Baieido Koh Shi Boku. My first experience with fabled Kyara. Words do not fully capture it. The scent is indeed complex and heavenly. It is subtle, slowly revealing itself, layer after layer. But it's more than that. I found myself sitting with the kind of composure that only comes to me during meditation. Even my son, who complains of boredom after 500 milliseconds of idle time, sat quietly with me for 20 minutes. A very special stick, and one I look forward to sitting with more in the future.
 
Back
Top