This morning I compared Tennendo Enkuu which I got around 5 years ago, to a new batch that I received just yesterday.

The newer batch seems less agarwoody🙁
it also has an added perfuminess:Sick::Barefoot:
but luckily, it has an ambergris note:clapping::clapping:🙂
although the ambergris note is certainly not from real ambergris, nor do I think that the aroma was meant to smell like ambergris, it’s just that it seems like an ambergris note to me:Whistling:
 
Comparing old batches to new batches of two Shunkohdo sticks:
Kyara Seikan and Ranjatai

I can smell no difference.

Hats off! to Shunkohdo
A 5 year gap comparison, and the formula smells the same:clapping:

I love these two sticks, in the category of
wood-centric aromas.
 
started with various kz frank sticks (golden liban. being my fave) now Burning one of my own. A ceram stick with 3% ceram tasbih and 20% ceram sink. I have to say the ceram wood is truly my favorite wood when formed into incense. That powdery orris butter scent is to die for.
 
Dr. Incense Blue Lotus sticks. Got them as a sample. Man oh man. I don't think these are actually made with any lotus at all but intended to still replicate that scent. They are sooooo creamy and coming from someone who hasn't smelled this type of scent before, it's such an epic change of pace from oud. It makes me reconsider my previous stance on more aromatic sticks.... Love them.
 
Kunmeido Asuka

I get a good amount of agarwood
a touch if Reiryo
very satisfying

all my Kunmeido sticks are older batches
I don’t know if newer batches are as rich in agarwood
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Yemen bakhoor (incense) is beautiful as well. I had the privilege of trying bakhoor from the “BakhoorStore” on ETSY. It’s simply beautiful and authentic high quality incense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to try their bakhoor too but they don't ship it to my country.
maybe I should just buy some commercial bakhoors from Al haramain or Dukhni.
 
Mysore Sandal fresh shavings ready to be place on coal.

Sniffing the billet these shavings are gotten itself is balmy and soothing.
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
I compared Kunmeido Asuka to
Shunkohdo Yoshino No Haru

The general style is similar
Yoshino No Haru uses Indonesian agarwood
and when I smell Asuka, I strongly think it uses
Vietnamese agarwood.

I’ve gotta say though, the agarwood in Asuka
stands strong, I’m luvin’ it:Inlove:
 
Back
Top