One of my boxes of Koshiboku has a strong borneol camphor scent. I am both in love with it, but also think it’s overkill. Nonetheless, I got some Yamadamatsu borneol camphor and will do some experimenting, when I have the time......
but who am I kidding, after a year and a half, I still haven’t built my Subitism, and I have all the parts waiting 😱
 
Oudamberlove - what aspects of the construction are holding you back? I’m an amateur and suck at soldering but maybe I can help you out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Oudamberlove - what aspects of the construction are holding you back? I’m an amateur and suck at soldering but maybe I can help you out.
Sheer procrastination Mr. P
Well, my Shoyeido heater is always there to the rescue, I guess that’s why I procrastinate so much.

My design will not require any soldering, and I will use neodymium magnets to fasten the mica plates.

Okay.......assembling it before Christmas is my new goal:Roflmao:

Today I lit
Baieido Jinkoh Kokoh and Horyu and Kokonoe
I can’t overstate how much I’m digging the Baieido recipe for their premium line.
I’m sure it’s just a phase I’m going through😀

Then I followed up with Kyukyodo Sho Bai Koh
The dial is turned down on the spice with this stick,
good stuff!
 
Yes! The oil comes close but the very best oils can’t hold a candle to gently heated wood quality chips.
 
How’s that?
 
How’s that?

Got the Brunei as a sample. It's very good - super woody, a little sweet, dark, and slightly bitter vibe. His sticks are handmade, which is actually a nice reprieve from the pin straight sticks I typically buy. Something about it speaks to the quality - maybe a less fine grind, too. He definitely uses some charcoal to keep the stick going, which can make the stick burn a little fast. Good amount of smoke too. I have his cedar, fiji sandalwood, and african sandalwood. All super clean, straight up, single ingredient elegance. His Fiji sandalwood is the most creamy sandalwood I've ever had in a stick - I bought a 2nd 3g pack to hang onto for a rainy day.
 
Kunmeido Asuka

My most neglected stick.

It has a touch of Reiryo, but is richly agarwoody
along the level of Shoyeido Gaho
it will definitely be in my rotation
more often.

Good stuff :Thumbsup:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Lit some woodcentric sticks
Rajantai and Kokonoekoh

The Kokonoekoh has a little sweetness from the agarwood, and some sandalwood.

After this type of stick, it’s nice to finish the session with more aromatics, so I lit Shoyeido Nankun. Very Jolly good!
 
Cannata - Brunei.... though he is an upcoming incense maker and has been trained very well by KZ ... the quality is very good and u can feel the Brunei wood around u while its lit...

The standardized size and thickness will come with experience but overall for the price this was a steal

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
Cannata - Brunei.... though he is an upcoming incense maker and has been trained very well by KZ ... the quality is very good and u can feel the Brunei wood around u while its lit...

The standardized size and thickness will come with experience but overall for the price this was a steal

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Kenneth told me that he plans to release a second batch of Brunei this fall, but I just checked, and none of his sticks is currently.....maybe soon.

Today.....
Tennendo Enkuu
Bold stick where the dials are turned all the way up on the agarwood and aromatics. There’s bitterness, a bit of spice, and maybe benzoin??
 
Back
Top