When I first started getting into making incenses, loose powder blends meant only to be heated is where I started, so this granulated blend has brought me full circle. It is VERY spicy. I've just added a little of one of my own simple blends to it which consists of amber resin, vanilla powder and Australian sandalwood.
 
Shoyeido Reihai Koh Lotus Leaf Incense Granules as recommended by @Joe. This is really nice and makes a change from combustible sticks. Definitely very herbal/medicine notes. Kinda hard to pick apart really. What's the other one like mate?
I think I remember this one, I went through a box of it… Lots of spikenard, I remember seeing little flakes of borneol, sandalwood i think. A lively blend for sure if the formula is the same as it was 20 years ago.
 
I think I remember this one, I went through a box of it… Lots of spikenard, I remember seeing little flakes of borneol, sandalwood i think. A lively blend for sure if the formula is the same as it was 20 years ago.
Ah, so that's what that spicy smell is? Spikenard? Tis very lively. Australian border control had a good look at it at customs but they let it through.
 
Burning oud soaked generously in rose oil. This stuff is so wet and sticky, I don't know how he can afford to sell it and make a decent profit!

I highly recommend it:

 
Ah, so that's what that spicy smell is? Spikenard? Tis very lively. Australian border control had a good look at it at customs but they let it through.
I really liked that blend because it showcased all of the different herbs without relying so heavily on aloeswood as the main player (if I recall there's just a small amount of oud in that blend, if any). And the spikenard definitely jumps to the front in the experience so it could well be that lively note.
 
Dreams of Hai-Nan - Kyara zen
Beautiful is what can I say !
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_4712.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 84
I really liked that blend because it showcased all of the different herbs without relying so heavily on aloeswood as the main player (if I recall there's just a small amount of oud in that blend, if any). And the spikenard definitely jumps to the front in the experience so it could well be that lively note.
Olfactory rescue service says there are four different blends by Shoyeido. The climb in price while essentially keeping the same ingredients but highlighting different ones along the way finishing with an agarwood forward blend. I can only find two available now including on the Shoyeido US website. Maybe they weren't that popular?
 
Silk Road - Thai Kodo

Blend of Saffron, Musk, and Camphor over an agarwood and sandalwood base.

Thick, rich, sweet, cocoa, earthy. A new favourite. Went to buy more and noticed it’s sold out. Will be keeping my eyes peeled for more like this
I really wanted to try these but on a buying freeze for now. They sound excellent so thanks for the review! Did you also try the single note Krabi?
 
Burning another sinking tarakan stick. The stick smells very nice and is high quality. Sweet and resinous with a musky edge.

It has a nice lingering scent that sticks to clothes and hair. The stocks are on the thicker side so they burn for quite a while as well. Ill keep an eye out for sinking grade sticks.
 
Back
Top