Have either of you guys noticed a similar aroma to his "Processed" offerings? The method he uses is based in Traditional Chinese Medicine, which is to boil the agarwood in honey water, but I've observed it makes the agarwood take on aromas which aren't quite typical for the region, almost blurring the lines between vastly different regions. Nice incense for sure, and I don't think he offers "Raw" versions of his sinking agarwood sticks, I do have a raw version of his Burmese sticks, but I'm most familiar with his Processing Sinking Tarakan sticks, which smell quite different to KyaraZen's Dreams of Nanban, granted which is a Tarakan & Brunei raw incense, but still.
I don't notice a similar aroma per se, but something more like the signature of artisan distillers.

Put a Cambodian from Habz, Al Hind, and/or Al Shareef side by side and you'll know it's Cambodian but they'll be different and likely be able to pick out who distilled which oil.

An interesting observation I've had, is I have a Yi Xin tarakan batch which is black and a batch that is more brown/wood colored. The brown version, which I'm guessing is low or no charcoal, shares more similarities with the batch of Dr. Incense's sinking Tarakan I have.
 
Home made Sri Lankan Oud sticks, great way to start the day.
I need to make a new batch of this one (I am running low )
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_4673.webp
    393.3 KB · Views: 93
Have either of you guys noticed a similar aroma to his "Processed" offerings? The method he uses is based in Traditional Chinese Medicine, which is to boil the agarwood in honey water, but I've observed it makes the agarwood take on aromas which aren't quite typical for the region, almost blurring the lines between vastly different regions. Nice incense for sure, and I don't think he offers "Raw" versions of his sinking agarwood sticks, I do have a raw version of his Burmese sticks, but I'm most familiar with his Processing Sinking Tarakan sticks, which smell quite different to KyaraZen's Dreams of Nanban, granted which is a Tarakan & Brunei raw incense, but still.
This is my first offering from him so I can’t compare across different regions. However, based on the first stick I burned, I felt the first few minutes after lighting was somewhat bland. It took me by surprise since this is made from sinking wood. It did eventually pick up more resin and Oud character later in the stick.

I wasn’t aware of the processing method but it makes complete sense the wood would lose some character. Most of the sticks I’ve had across regions do have quite a bit of their own character. It’ll be on my mind when I burn another later today.
 
Just burned some Yi Chen - Jiangzhen. It reminds me of a light Himalayan style incense and very rosewood forward. Not bad but not the style of incense I prefer. Haven’t found a Yi Chen incense yet that has been something I resonate with and I have tried 5 different ones. Er Su Jiu Ju has been the best so far but still leaves little to be desired.
 
It’s Monday morning -4:45 AM and I like to start my day with home made Laos Oud incense.
I have good backup in my Van and I burn them while I’m having my coffee early morning before I start my work, this way all my clothes gets scented for the whole day.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_4683.webp
    225.5 KB · Views: 88
Nice way to scent your space!
Yeah I have everything set in my (working Van), small car burner , incense sticks , Oud chips , and fast burning charcoal (I don’t use them at home but for the convenience sometimes at the car 🤣)
Then close the windows and sit in the clouds ☁️, if I burn on charcoal the van will smell great for a few days (depends on the chips I am using), even my tools got scented 😉.
If you hear in the news that there is a van on fire due to charcoal burning ,That’s me 🤣🤣🤣
 
Yeah I have everything set in my (working Van), small car burner , incense sticks , Oud chips , and fast burning charcoal (I don’t use them at home but for the convenience sometimes at the car 🤣)
Then close the windows and sit in the clouds ☁️, if I burn on charcoal the van will smell great for a few days (depends on the chips I am using), even my tools got scented 😉.
If you hear in the news that there is a van on fire due to charcoal burning ,That’s me 🤣🤣🤣
Hahaha! You’ll be fine. I take Paratransit cars to work because of my disability, and I don’t think they’ll let me burn in their car but I get compliments on my attars sometimes no matter who’s driving me!
 
Kyara Zen: Sea Of Clouds
Nanban & Hainan Woods / Black & Grey Ambergris

I had given up on this incense months ago because I found it bland and uninteresting, but tried it again today in the hot and humid weather, and it transformed into a beauty. I've tried to pay attention to how incense, attars, oud, and wood can have mixed results depending on the season and the weather, and today I was reminded to be patient and test things during different seasons, especially if aromatics etc are crafted in climates or seasons different from what I'm experiencing.

The dark Nanban & sweet Hainan woods are accompanied beautifully by the full spectrum of Ambergris here; the dark tobacco of the black Ambergris, and the oceanic grey Ambergris are in perfect proportions.
Redeemed!
 
Home made sandalwood incense sticks,
I’ve got the chips from the Tea Guru , sinking Indonesian Sandalwood, hard like a rock and loaded with oil , this one is the closest Indonesian sandalwood to Mysore (hardly can tell the difference).
The incense turns to the best sandalwood incense I ever had, very clean and smooth and fill the space.
Lovely stuff.
 
I got through a whole 50g bag of green Hojari from Habzoud in 10 days.

Saved the biggest piece for last

Very happy with quality and price.
Are you eating it?

Burning one of my cones from my last batch, Kalimantan and Cambodian oud with Mysore and Frankincense wetted with Sri Lankan Oud hydrosol. Great batch if I don't say so myself!
 
Home made sandalwood incense sticks,
I’ve got the chips from the Tea Guru , sinking Indonesian Sandalwood, hard like a rock and loaded with oil , this one is the closest Indonesian sandalwood to Mysore (hardly can tell the difference).
The incense turns to the best sandalwood incense I ever had, very clean and smooth and fill the space.
Lovely stuff.

Are you eating it?

Burning one of my cones from my last batch, Kalimantan and Cambodian oud with Mysore and Frankincense wetted with Sri Lankan Oud hydrosol. Great batch if I don't say so myself!
Sounds quite a piece of work. The oud hydrosol & frankincense, it’s not too much?
 
Back
Top