VIETNAM -Yellow Soil
KyaraZen
Another wonderful one from KyaraZen
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_4713.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 81
Sometimes I can smell the incense, and sometimes it sets off my fire detector.
Sounds like a nice heavy burn! 🙂
 
KyaraZen - Dreams of Dali Kingdom - Finding these last couple of sticks a bit more interesting than the previous. They're very smokey and the smoke isn't light and cold, it's kinda like just wood smoke, irritating and slightly dense. There's a feeling of Hai-nan type oud that's coming out now, it's like a tenth of the beauty of what's in Dreams of Hai-nan .... hmmmm idk these sticks have always been unusual, I guess I'm finding them more tolerable now ... a smidge more than I used to. They'd be good for folks who're used to mediation sticks, in terms of smokiness, its just you have to really focus in on the scent to get the agarwood profile.
 
Here's the incense I'm not burning today. I was doing a little organizing today and came across these. I found them in a shop (about 6 years ago) that had not adjusted their pricing in a couple of decades, these are pretty old, I paid almost nothing for three of these sample sets. It was a New Age bookstore that at one point had a knowledgeable incense buyer but that person must've moved on and whoever they hired didn't know the value of the material that the previous buyer had purchased. I probably paid 1999 prices for these lol
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_8649.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 85
Burning oud soaked generously in rose oil. This stuff is so wet and sticky, I don't know how he can afford to sell it and make a decent profit!

I highly recommend it:

I figure that would do well in the GCC countries .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
How is this? I was curious when it was released but the description didn’t talk about the scent itself too much. I’ve only had one other soil wood and it had a very earthy edge.
I burn it today too just to give you a better idea, it is earthy , a touch of vanilla, of course Oudy (Vietnamese signature) , very pleasant .
Out of all the 8 sticks ( Oud types) I bought last time this one stands out as the best and maybe that’s why it’s the most expensive out of them.
Other ones as Olfactory Nomand said : sometimes they are weird and doesn’t smell great and other times they’re wonderful !
 
Back
Top