I’ve purchased almost every resin AG sells in their shop; all great quality, and Dan is a wealth of information. You won’t be disappointed.
Yes, it seems to be the reference for resins, with a large offering of rare varieties.

I particularly like his approach; he personally sources the materials and writes the history behind each product (his blog is a gold mine of information !)

I've wanted to order from him for a while now because I was originally interested in his collection of animal musks, but I thought he didn't deliver to Europe!

I took a sample of his civet with my order, and if there are no issues with the shipment, I'm really looking forward to discovering all his musks with a future order!

Do you have a favorite among all the resins you've tested, or one that particularly stood out to you?
 
Yes, it seems to be the reference for resins, with a large offering of rare varieties.

I particularly like his approach; he personally sources the materials and writes the history behind each product (his blog is a gold mine of information !)

I've wanted to order from him for a while now because I was originally interested in his collection of animal musks, but I thought he didn't deliver to Europe!

I took a sample of his civet with my order, and if there are no issues with the shipment, I'm really looking forward to discovering all his musks with a future order!

Do you have a favorite among all the resins you've tested, or one that particularly stood out to you?
Yes, I’ll make a list of faves for you to consider when I get a chance to open up the cabinet 👍
 
2088Tea Nha Trang stick

Back in 2017, 2088tea.com was Kyarazen’s website to sell his products.
The Nha Trang stick is on par with the dream series, not bad, but I just spent a busy 3 hours in the kitchen cooking and cleaning, so I need something more rewarding, so I’m enjoying some Shunkohdo Kyara Houzan right now🤪
 
Green Kyara - (Shadowy Japanese Super Dealer)

I’ve finally scored the real deal. Namely, Japanese Green Kyara with help from @Xerohome

I’ve been wrestling back and forth with my defective incense burner as if a pilot has been struggling to fly his plane.

It’s different than CK. It’s a highly ceremonial feeling I get. Bringing the incense burner close whenever you wish. Wasabi is a hard-to-grow plant that requires just the right conditions. Therefore, getting the good wasabi is hard. Knowing that the same applies to Green Kyara makes me appreciate it more.

It’s hard for me to describe this scent. I’ve increased the temp and now the scent is more pronounced.

I’m getting lucious herbaceous and earthy notes in the middle. The beginning was a sharp woody acetone that draws you in. As soon as I increased them temp the scent become more pronounced. It’s more personal and needs its own time to be appreciated.

The basenote smells like I’m in a log cabin in the winter with the fireplace lit.

I can’t say this is my style but I definitely am enjoying this. I still need to get my shaving skills honed too. The more I increased the the temp the more that nirvanic scent comes out. Duh. Even walking out in fresh air outside, the scent is still there in my nostrils. Incredible.

Thank you @Xerohome for bringing me in to the Japanese Incense world and for the hookup.

IMG_1253_11zon.jpeg

IMG_1254_11zon.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Thankyou @Oudique 🙏 How much of this do I need to use?
View attachment 49054
Isn't it beautiful? Smells amazing.

Just a pinch does it for me on my sub. I haven't tried it in my warmer, which is designed for gently heating highly resinous woods and granulated incense, but I suspect it will last longer. I couldn't throw this on a piece of coal--even if it's meant for that--I like savoring it.
 
Where does one buy the prof incense sticks? (UK based) Is it the kangiiten website?

Also do these sticks have binders or fillers?

Thanks
 
Grandawood - agarwood coils. Basic plantation agarwood. They're exactly what I was after as a daily. Not expensive at all and you get 50g in the tin. Burn time is about 4hrs. These are set and forget coils, nothing complex or deep here. Just agarwood burning in the background. Nice.
 
Back
Top