Today i was working on an attar distillation

A composition built around tranquility…
Sandalwood, lavender, vetiver, and frankincense.

In search of the golden ratio,
I realized the form was not only meant for distillation,
but could also express itself through fire.

For now, it has taken shape as incense.
The distillation will follow.
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Today i was working on an attar distillation

A composition built around tranquility…
Sandalwood, lavender, vetiver, and frankincense.

In search of the golden ratio,
I realized the form was not only meant for distillation,
but could also express itself through fire.

For now, it has taken shape as incense.
The distillation will follow.
View attachment 54000
Yes!! 🙏💚
 
These incenses are for self use bro
But planning to add some to oil shipments
once i have distilled the oil
Oil and incense of same materials can be a good experience
Oh, I'm a big fan of burning incense and layering oils for an all encompassing olfactory experience. I'll be keeping a close eye on what you come up with.🙏
 
Shunkohdo - Kyara Houzan - Really impressed with this house. The straight up VN wood was my favourite of this type to date and it is no different with the premium Kyara - this is the best I have tried. Way too expensive for a full box - but super happy to have tried this and good to have a new benchmark.
 
Shunkohdo - Kyara Houzan - Really impressed with this house. The straight up VN wood was my favourite of this type to date and it is no different with the premium Kyara - this is the best I have tried. Way too expensive for a full box - but super happy to have tried this and good to have a new benchmark.
I want to buy this now but it'll have to wait until I'm back from my trip.
 
Baieido - Tokusen Kokonoe - A spicy start to the day! Simple, spicy wood. Because sometimes that's all you need.
🙂
Yes. I agree with the assessment. This is a nice one. Unfortunately the anniversary edition is all sold out from the store I bought a box from a long, long time ago. Also, the spurn of incense is that one the materials are no longer up to snuff, they discounted it rather than trying to replace it, like buying oils from vendors: once it sells out, there usually isn’t any left for sale (though I do know some perfumers keep at least a gram or bottle for their archives).

Shoyeido is a good example of this. After years of offering Mayo-koh for $500 in the USA, they ran out of the good Kyara and ceased production. I have a sealed box of Translucent Path from the mid 2000’s and even though this one was $880 a box, they discontinued that one too, along with some others, and DID replace all of them with inferior replacements, not as expensive, but not as great. I mean, Myo-koh was friggin’ great. 😊 it’s replacement, Gaho is no where close to the elegance and Kyara heavy Mayo-ho. It’s still better than most stuff out there but I don’t think it’s worth the American price. Maybe the Shoyeido International site cost of $65 but not the American sites cost of $186–before shipping and taxes!
 
TMC Holy Land old stock

Kept it lit for a while to fill my room.

Fruity berries, musk, and other nice scents amidst the smoke. The pangolin scales do give a unique note, which works well in this blend.
Holy land old stock is a treasure. I’ve only heard of it in the same vein as the old Highland incense or the dzogchen lotus ground. Wish someday I get to experience it although I’m glad they’re leaving the cute pangolins alone too!!
 
Today, I am burning the P'hul-jung Men-po - Unsurpassable Healing Incense. This combination of valerian, juniper, sandalwood, aloe etc is beautiful. I suppose the addition of funky stuff like cuttlefish bones etc just raise it to a different level of calmness and tranquility. This is fine incense - for healing or otherwise.
Cuttlefish? I haven't heard about that before?
 
Back
Top