Today I’m angsty. So I burned Nado Poizokhiang - Happiness. Like many Bhutanese sticks these are full of berries, some honey, ghee (I think) and juniper + cypress - however the high quality manufacturing makes a smooth, fragrant experience without being a smoke bomb.
They are lovely! I wish it was cooler where I live, they would be so much more enjoyable.
 
Today I’m burning The Lost Fragrance of the Mountain Gods. Another Bhutanese gem - and one of the really top incenses from the region today imo. As @skiros pointed out - early morning here is chilly and nothing like highland herbals wafting through the air with the first rays of sunlight filtering through them.
 
My Kangiiten order arrived out of the blue! I lit up a Dreams of Merauke stick...and I do not get it lol. I think I am either missing something, or perhaps not approaching this correctly. I gave it a few goes, but I'm just not vibing with the smokiness of the incense at all. I think maybe I expected it to smell more like oud? I don't think I'll be pursuing incenses in the way I do ouds and oud oils.

I am going to try a crushed up stick on the heater and see if maybe that makes a difference
 
My Kangiiten order arrived out of the blue! I lit up a Dreams of Merauke stick...and I do not get it lol. I think I am either missing something, or perhaps not approaching this correctly. I gave it a few goes, but I'm just not vibing with the smokiness of the incense at all. I think maybe I expected it to smell more like oud? I don't think I'll be pursuing incenses in the way I do ouds and oud oils.

I am going to try a crushed up stick on the heater and see if maybe that makes a difference
Fantastic news they finally arrived. Now, Merauke wood like the oil is a completely different kettle of fish ( and species) of Aquarila. I find those sticks work best if you light one and then put it to the side of you, maybe 30cm away but still so that the smoke will drift in your direction. Make a cup of coffee. Let the scent slowly introduce itself to you. You will soon discover the soft, warm slightly baked goods scent reveal itself. You may get the odd sharp burnt note but that's normal. Persevere, these will become a favourite.🙏
 
Fantastic news they finally arrived. Now, Merauke wood like the oil is a completely different kettle of fish ( and species) of Aquarila. I find those sticks work best if you light one and then put it to the side of you, maybe 30cm away but still so that the smoke will drift in your direction. Make a cup of coffee. Let the scent slowly introduce itself to you. You will soon discover the soft, warm slightly baked goods scent reveal itself. You may get the odd sharp burnt note but that's normal. Persevere, these will become a favourite.🙏
For some reason, I can't stand the smell of actual coffee. Weird, given my other olfactory proclivities. I must say, this incense on the burner at 225C is something else! None of whatever it was that I was not liking at all. If this was powder form, I'd probably be fooled into thinking its oud (perhaps because of my limited exposure). It's sweet, woody, slightly earthy. I've had it running for several hours nearby and am getting consistent whiffs. It seems to have settled into an a chocolatey woodiness that I have actually come to associate with the later stages of oud in general. Big win for technology today.
 
For some reason, I can't stand the smell of actual coffee. Weird, given my other olfactory proclivities. I must say, this incense on the burner at 225C is something else! None of whatever it was that I was not liking at all. If this was powder form, I'd probably be fooled into thinking its oud (perhaps because of my limited exposure). It's sweet, woody, slightly earthy. I've had it running for several hours nearby and am getting consistent whiffs. It seems to have settled into an a chocolatey woodiness that I have actually come to associate with the later stages of oud in general. Big win for technology today.
Incense on the sub really makes it go th distance. If you're enjoying Merauke wood this way, check out the Merauke soil chips from ASO. 🙏
 
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day

Today I’m burning the Nyemo Tunba sticks from Nepal. Fun fact - Nyemo Tunba is apparently the birthplace of Tibetan incense. Not sure what it implies 😅 but this is a delicious earthy incense with hints of sandalwood, clove, rhododendron, juniper etc. The photo just captures a beautiful moment burning the stick - simply observing the plume disturbs it too!
 
Today I broke out one of my favorites - the weirdly named - Cloud of Merit Wind Wisdom, a Bhutanese monastery stick. The high quality sandalwood, maybe some agarwood, rhododendron, spikenard, clove, highland resins - Guggul, loban, sal, and florals are all present but beautifully blended into something strikingly memorable.
 
Last edited:
Shoyeido’s agarwood chip, Matsu grade….

This is heavily fragrant and better, to me, than the next grade up which is almost wine as much for half of less. While I find the heat needs to be turned up higher than the expensive stuff, it fills the room with scent while the other is more for incense ceremonies. I think that I will ask for another 10grams for a gift from my mom.
Shoyeido Go-un silk box

Everytime I smell this I go 😍
what a masterful blend!
what’s the silk box?
 
Shoyeido’s agarwood chip, Matsu grade….

This is heavily fragrant and better, to me, than the next grade up which is almost wine as much for half of less. While I find the heat needs to be turned up higher than the expensive stuff, it fills the room with scent while the other is more for incense ceremonies. I think that I will ask for another 10grams for a gift from my mom.

what’s the silk box?
 
Back
Top