Sounds great. I love cloves and spices, but not so much turmeric as a fragrant material. I associate it too much with meals and family dinners.
Definitely not a curry vibe, but I guess I picked the pepperiness of turmeric but not the pungent/medicinal parts of turmeric.
 
Crane”s Descent - Hainan agarwood, Jiangzhen (Lakawood), sandalwood.

A beautiful Chinese incense. Subtle bittersweets smoothed out with sandalwood. It feels alive. This has profoundly calming effects for me and is an excellent example of why I love all of this.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_1640.webp
    149.4 KB · Views: 19
SQ Bakhoor via Oudique

Almost finished this sampler. Throws out a strong floral blast on opening that perfumes the room nicely. I detect a note of mint also (does anyone else get that?) The base smells sweet, woody, oudy.

I love how it transitions from the strong but short-lasting opening to the long-lasting oudy-woody base…like a two-in-one effect. Stuff smells like the Gulf. Wishing for peace to return to the Gulf region soon so I can have more adventures down there.

IMG_0757.webp
 
So this is the second time I looked on the Dr-Incense website for Kalimantan And it’s still not there. Did you buy this a while ago? They don’t seem to have an Archives section.
He does very limited runs of his sticks Joe, I have his processed sinking Tarakan from about 2 years ago and I don't think I've seen them since.

Be warned that even on release day, the pure Agarwood, or honey processed sticks and some of the sticks with Ambergris and Musk usually sell out in the first hour or so.
 
Shoyeido - Zukoh powder, Tokusen. Beautiful scent. What a wonderful way to wear incense. A new favourite.
i have an old packet of this - very fine dust like powder and a strong sweet vanilla facet. quite different from the Baieido zukoh which is a little bit coarser grind and more of an herbal anise / borneol scent. I also make my own sometimes. Sandalwood, aloeswood, Borneol, clove, star anise, cinnamon, turmeric etc.
 
i have an old packet of this - very fine dust like powder and a strong sweet vanilla facet. quite different from the Baieido zukoh which is a little bit coarser grind and more of an herbal anise / borneol scent. I also make my own sometimes. Sandalwood, aloeswood, Borneol, clove, star anise, cinnamon, turmeric etc.
It works really well. I shouldn't think it would be all that difficult to make you're own. In saying that though, these Shoyeido ones are dirt cheap.
 
It works really well. I shouldn't think it would be all that difficult to make you're own. In saying that though, these Shoyeido ones are dirt cheap.
getting the fine dust like powder takes patience. I ended up using a Turkish coffee grinder it worked pretty well. unless it's incredibly fine it doesn't really stick to your skin so it has to be thoroughly pulverized, ideally like dust almost.
 
getting the fine dust like powder takes patience. I ended up using a Turkish coffee grinder it worked pretty well. unless it's incredibly fine it doesn't really stick to your skin so it has to be thoroughly pulverized, ideally like dust almost.
True. It does stick remarkably well. Very user friendly, unlike some ouds, i'm positive I could wear this pretty much anywere without causing offence. I also got the ebony zukoh container.
 
Back
Top