So Kisen is quite nice I have some tubes of it, but the term aloeswood shell doesn't mean "snail shell" or "sea shell" that's a much higher grade of agarwood, and often wild. Shell in this context I take to mean those agarwood sheets that you've probably seen being sold on Etsy, sometimes their also called agarwood skins, in the Gulf they're called رقائق meaning flakes or chips ... although not to be confused with broken pieces which are usually from larger pieces.
Perfect explanation. Thanks @Ahmaoud
 
Love both, but learn more toward SW. not sure why. There’s a curry nuance to Misho that doesn’t thrill me.
That note is in all of the premium line but I know what you're talking about. The premiums have varying levels of all materials but for the most part all contain the exact same ingredients. The curry note is from an herb called Reiryo Koh.
 
Seijudo Kyara Enju - A complete stick!, creates a smooth aleoswood aura and you get everything you would expect and more. For a stick with 60% kyara.. it is great value factoring in the current prices for kyara. But for $20++ a stick, is it?

I have not had my nose on shokaku, how would you compare this to shokaku?
 
Last edited:
Seijudo Kyara Enju - A complete stick!, creates a smooth aleoswood aura and you get everything you would expect and more. For a stick with 60% kyara.. it is great value factoring in the current prices for kyara. But for $20++ a stick, is it?

I have not had my nose on shokaku, how would you compare this to shokaku?
There is similarities to Shokaku in way and not in way.
Personally each have its charm and identity, putting one over the other would be depends on person taste but both great famous sticks from long time.

Kogado - Hoshi no Hayashi (Star Forest), My lucky stars made me find this one, what a beautiful sandalwood creation. Definitely goes to my Top 3 Sandalwoods I have ever tried. 67% Mysore Santal + 3% Borneol + 30% Machilus(Makko/Tabu).
If its recent purchase it doesn't have Borneol its 70% Indian sandal and rest is the binder.
Great sticks too.
 
There is similarities to Shokaku in way and not in way.
Personally each have its charm and identity, putting one over the other would be depends on person taste but both great famous sticks from long time.


If its recent purchase it doesn't have Borneol its 70% Indian sandal and rest is the binder.
Great sticks too.
Yes, recent purchase and the inscription inside the box mentions borneol in the list.

I would compare the quality of this stick with kobukuginmi india. Both seem to be similarly priced as well.
 
Yes, recent purchase and the inscription inside the box mentions borneol in the list.

I would compare the quality of this stick with kobukuginmi india. Both seem to be similarly priced as well.
Yea the manual is wrong according to the staff, the revisit removed it and now its only sandal and binder.
As for Konukuginmi the Indian and Indo sandal Amazing, i still prefer the Kogado.
 
Oudique Goose Pear

This is my first time messing with stick incense in a very long time. Got these sticks free with an order last year and forgot about them. They actually smell really nice just sitting in the tube.

Put half a stick on the sub. I haven’t the first clue what goose pear is ‘supposed’ to smell like, but these are pleasant, and certainly more natural-smelling than the dodgy bakhoor I was burning a couple of weeks back.

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Dr. Incense - Pureland. I somehow got black pepper in the opening before I started getting wiffs of agarwood and toasty sandalwood, and the damp black ambergris comes across subtly but stands out. Complex blend, other spice mentioned is turmeric and I think it might have cloves too. Enjoyable!
 
Dr. Incense - Pureland. I somehow got black pepper in the opening before I started getting wiffs of agarwood and toasty sandalwood, and the damp black ambergris comes across subtly but stands out. Complex blend, other spice mentioned is turmeric and I think it might have cloves too. Enjoyable!
Sounds great. I love cloves and spices, but not so much turmeric as a fragrant material. I associate it too much with meals and family dinners.
 
Back
Top