Minorien - Fu-In Frankincense - I know a lot of people find this brand/ range a little rough around the edges - but I have enjoyed both the Sandalwood and Kyara as simple daily burns - so I thought I would try out the Frankincense. Slight Hippy vibes meet old church vibes = plenty to like. I really do love frankincense - so having a simple stick option without always having to handle resin works for me!
I have enjoyed this house a lot and they are great daily burns for me. And even their high ends (Ryugen and chokoh 5) are very enjoyable by many. Whenever I got a chance to showcase some of my sticks with frag friends, Ryugen and chokoh were always liked the most.

Tennendo Frankincense is great too, I have not tried Minorien version yet.
 
I have enjoyed this house a lot and they are great daily burns for me. And even their high ends (Ryugen and chokoh 5) are very enjoyable by many. Whenever I got a chance to showcase some of my sticks with frag friends, Ryugen and chokoh were always liked the most.

Tennendo Frankincense is great too, I have not tried Minorien version yet.
I also enjoyed both the Ryugen and Chokoh - having tried after reading about them here. 🙂
 
Dreams of Malinau - Kangiiten. Taking a different route on my fragrant path with this today. Rather than combusting the stick, I have broken one up into four pieces and placed it onto my sub. It's needed a reasonably high voltage but I have to say it's stunningly beautiful. At least these won't be wasted now. This is the way to go. Sweet and tropical agarwood. Don't burn these ones. Heat them instead.
 
KZ EID 2025
Agarwood, ambergris, binder, and a touch of musk.
Then Seijudo Seiran, mostly agarwood, and a teeny tiny bit of kyara.
Then Shunkohdo Kyara Houzan, as Seiran, but add spices and herbs.
Then Yamadamatsu Hojo Red, as Houzan but add roasted agarwood, and plenty of perfume power.
 
I have enjoyed this house a lot and they are great daily burns for me. And even their high ends (Ryugen and chokoh 5) are very enjoyable by many. Whenever I got a chance to showcase some of my sticks with frag friends, Ryugen and chokoh were always liked the most.

Tennendo Frankincense is great too, I have not tried Minorien version yet.
I like Frnakincense more as an oil than a burned resin, or, rather, a warmed resin than a burned resin. That smokiness gets to me. Lovely stuff. I would have loved to smell the Red Frankincense that ASO was selling in one of his blends a year-and-a-half ago.
 
I like Frnakincense more as an oil than a burned resin, or, rather, a warmed resin than a burned resin. That smokiness gets to me. Lovely stuff. I would have loved to smell the Red Frankincense that ASO was selling in one of his blends a year-and-a-half ago.
I have never used frankincense oil. But I prefer heating green hojari over burning incense. The pine opening followed by the resins as it heats up is just too perfect.
 
Sounds fantastic, right?!
Speaking of which, this royal green extract from Oudique is a very interesting hojari oil - thick and sticky and true to the scent of the resin. quite different from the more watery distilled oils.

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Inspired by @Olfactory Nomad - I dug out my Dr. Incense - Processed Vietnam and broke off a few pieces and warmed them up on the sub. Sure enough - there was the watermelon note I had kept reading about - right out of the gate at ultra low temp. Lighting this regularly this felt a little "hot", unpleasantly bitter to my nose. But working it on the sub from low to medium showcases the quality of the wood that has been used here, from sweet watery fruits to sweet, deep wood.
 
Got these handmade ma’amoul from Etsy for fumigation.

They have a very correct bakhoor aroma, and they are incredibly strong. They are just waaaay too heavy on the synthetics for my nose. I tried heating some oud after burning half of one of these balls, and I had gone completely noseblind - couldn’t even smell the oud. I think I’ll struggle to finish this little jar!

No disrespect to the seller…it’s the same lady in East London who sells the awesome circular mica plates I posted about recently. She also has some higher end woods and even some kyara in her store.

IMG_0707.webpIMG_0709.webp
 
Inspired by @Olfactory Nomad - I dug out my Dr. Incense - Processed Vietnam and broke off a few pieces and warmed them up on the sub. Sure enough - there was the watermelon note I had kept reading about - right out of the gate at ultra low temp. Lighting this regularly this felt a little "hot", unpleasantly bitter to my nose. But working it on the sub from low to medium showcases the quality of the wood that has been used here, from sweet watery fruits to sweet, deep wood.
There’s something holding me back from trying this, though I know I should.
 
Back
Top