@skiros , if it lasts that long, then I NEED it! The price is right, even if it's only a few grams, but I can get two. Do you find the website description of "fruity" and "lightly burned sandalwood" accurate?Kisen - Kangiiten , I have been using this in my office cabin and 1 stick in the morning lasts the entire day keeping the room fragrant all day. Need to restock more of these, perfect value and balance.
Every time I re-enter the room I get it. It's a small cabin though.. 8x8'. And yes, it is toasty sandalwood.. and I also get fruity part but more in a resinous way.if it lasts that long, then I NEED it! The price is right, even if it's only a few grams, but I can get two. Do you find the website description of "fruity" and "lightly burned sandalwood" accurate?
How can they do this at only <$5 a gram?Every time I re-enter the room I get it. It's a small cabin though.. 8x8'. And yes, it is toasty sandalwood.. and I also get fruity part but more in a resinous way.
And it also has a light bitter note.. I think this definitely sells it more to you 😀How can they do this at only <$5 a gram?
that is small. That’s smaller than NYC sized!Every time I re-enter the room I get it. It's a small cabin though.. 8x8'. And yes, it is toasty sandalwood.. and I also get fruity part but more in a resinous way.
Wait. I must have missed this, it’s not a perfumery term, but in the description it say “aloeswood shells”—wth?And it also has a light bitter note.. I think this definitely sells it more to you 😀
that is small. That’s smaller than NYC sized!
Teeny Tiny!.. my colleague thought I was smoking something exotic in here 😛Wait. I must have missed this, it’s not a perfumery term, but in the description it say “aloeswood shells”—wth?
“Aloeswood shell” never heard that before.Teeny Tiny!.. my colleague thought I was smoking something exotic in here 😛
Does shell mean something else along with aloeswood.. or it is 'aloeswood shell'?
Kisen is a great. guilt free multi burn stick. Has a nice vanillic scent, definitely woody and a llittle bitter. I take "aloeswood shell" to mean the chips used when raw were in the shape of shells or maybe more accurately hollowed out cones.“Aloeswood shell” never heard that before.
“Aloeswood shell” never heard that before.
So Kisen is quite nice I have some tubes of it, but the term aloeswood shell doesn't mean "snail shell" or "sea shell" that's a much higher grade of agarwood, and often wild. Shell in this context I take to mean those agarwood sheets that you've probably seen being sold on Etsy, sometimes their also called agarwood skins, in the Gulf they're called رقائق meaning flakes or chips ... although not to be confused with broken pieces which are usually from larger pieces.Kisen is a great. guilt free multi burn stick. Has a nice vanillic scent, definitely woody and a llittle bitter. I take "aloeswood shell" to mean the chips used when raw were in the shape of shells or maybe more accurately hollowed out cones.
Ok, that's interesting! Why do you think it is the skins he's referring too? I have heated some samples of skins a few times and they do smell good. I'm not a fan of how they're produced however.So Kisen is quite nice I have some tubes of it, but the term aloeswood shell doesn't mean "snail shell" or "sea shell" that's a much higher grade of agarwood, and often wild. Shell in this context I take to mean those agarwood sheets that you've probably seen being sold on Etsy, sometimes their also called agarwood skins, in the Gulf they're called رقائق meaning flakes or chips ... although not to be confused with broken pieces which are usually from larger pieces.
That's a very valid question, and the answer to that is, I don't know, it was something I sorta had stored away but thinking about it more ... I might be very much off with that answer, and I think I prefer your answer. I had some Vietnamese Shell Incense from Alex at TASFragranceOk, that's interesting! Why do you think it is the skins he's referring too? I have heated some samples of skins a few tomes and they do smell good. I'm not a fan of how they're produced however.
This is a bit of a head scratcher. I'm guessing it's one of those terms that gets a bit lost in translation.That's a very valid question, and the answer to that is, I don't know, it was something I sorta had stored away but thinking about it more ... I might be very much off with that answer, and I think I prefer your answer. I had some Vietnamese Shell Incense from Alex at TASFragrance
Google seems to have stored an older blurb for the product, "Made purely from the shell layer of Vietnamese and Hainanese aloeswood, the elegant and refined smell permeates the space when lighted."
Lost in experiences, lost in nostalgia, lost in culture ... it's incredible we've been able to form the level of understanding around these, relatively minor aspects from groups of people, spread out throughout the world and the eras!This is a bit of a head scratcher. I'm guessing it's one of those terms that gets a bit lost in translation.
It is, I agree with you.💚Lost in experiences, lost in nostalgia, lost in culture ... it's incredible we've been able to form the level of understanding around these, relatively minor aspects from groups of people, spread out throughout the world and the eras!