Shunkohdo Ranjatai

The famous Ranjatai log is said to possess
the five tastes...sweet, sour, spicy, salty, and bitter.

With this stick, the sweet, bitter, and spicy
is obvious. Salty....hmmmmm maybe a little,
sour.......hmmmmm not sure.

I think moving forward, I’ll try to search for these tastes with every stick I burn, meanwhile,
I’ll admit that I’m no pro at it.
 
Kida Jinseido Ikuhokoh

Heavy on the bitter,
and I believe it has all the five tastes,
with the sweet and the sour least.

Dr. Incense Kalimantan

Proving to be quite an aromatic stick,
nice🙂
 
Kunmeido Kyara Tenpyo

Bold flavors matched by agarwood.
This should be the minimum standard,
unfortunately, most new blends from Japanese Incense houses feel watered down.
 
Baieido Koshiboku

I’m not after the Kyara in it
(Which couldn’t be much anyhow)
but the spices and herbs mainly.

My batch is light on the resins,
but I smelled a new batch where the
benzoin is apparent.

next up
KZ Merauke...
This stick convinced me to get some Merauke wood,
and after acquiring a stash,
the scent validates the authenticity of the wood.
To me, it’s like I struck gold, and now,
I can make Merauke sticks. Hip hip...hoooray!
 
Back
Top