Kyukyodo Haru no Yama

Although it contains a spice that you might find in a savory stew, with an open mind, you can appreciate the overall blend.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Kunmeido Kyara Tenpyo

I’m loving it’s thick lustrous aroma,
agarwoody to say the least.

This is the older batch, not the Tenchi,
Kunmeido does not compromise,
if they cannot source the same
level of agarwood, then they will either discontinue it, or give it a different name,
........so I was told.
 
Kida Jinseido Ikuhokoh

A bitter blend.
I don’t recognize the ingredients
other than the agarwood.
Nice stick though,
it’s a little addictive.
 
I did it, I finally did it....
I decided to go for a box of
Baieido Tokusen Syukohkoku,
“Old Stock”:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Beth@EOTA had one last box from 2013,
which might be two or three years older than my batch, so I’m super stoked🙂

Enjoyed some of mine earlier,
then followed it with Koshiboku,
mmmmmmmmmmmm
 
Imperial Oud Walla Patta

Not often do you come across Walla sticks.
Worth every penny,
and delivers a near subitism experience,
and I mean that in the “heating sense”,
not the true significance of subitism.

FYI Subitism=sudden enlightenment:praying:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
I have burned a bunch of the tokusen kobunboku. Most back in 2002/2003. Haven't smelled it in a while. You describe getting an old box as if it was a decision you have been waiting to make for a while. Was it expensive? My main recollection of this is that it smells a whole lot like benzoin with some agarwood mixed in. Little too much benzoin for me. I love essence of the ages although sometimes it smells like all of their incense is stored in a single box so sometimes you'll get some wood chips that smell like nag Champa
 
I have burned a bunch of the tokusen kobunboku. Most back in 2002/2003. Haven't smelled it in a while. You describe getting an old box as if it was a decision you have been waiting to make for a while. Was it expensive? My main recollection of this is that it smells a whole lot like benzoin with some agarwood mixed in. Little too much benzoin for me. I love essence of the ages although sometimes it smells like all of their incense is stored in a single box so sometimes you'll get some wood chips that smell like nag Champa
I hear ya, each pkg. does smell like a nag champa warehouse.
The benzoin note was nearly a deal breaker, but with my batch, it’s not so heavy. I am hoping this old batch of Tokusen Syukohkoku will be even better than mine (keeping my fingers crossed).
Another thing that made me hesitant was that it was the large 170g box ($225), that’s more than I’ll never need.
Speaking of Tokusen Kobunboku, my box is an old batch also, I was lighting that stick this morning, and I think I smelled tha agarwood in it, a sweet agarwood, need more sessions to determine if it is indeed so.
I can’t wait to do a side by side comparison of my Tokusen Syukohkoku to the one arriving.
I’m just a sucker for Baieido’s sticks, with recipes originating since 1657, they really hit the spot, too bad they don’t maintain the same level of quality in their stuff.
 
LaoShan Monkoh from @RisingPhoenix
Reminds me of Baieido's Kokoh Byakudan. which is Baieido's top tier sandalwood incense stick. there is more to LaoShan Monkoh but honestly, I can't tell there are significant differences. I think my nose is not seasoned enough to pick out fine nuances in this incense. it does deserve 'listening' for sure. that, I can tell.
I think it really is for the connoisseurs. I need more experience to really 'get' this one.
but still, I love the smell of this incense.
 
Back
Top