The thing with ASO sticks is that they are generally thicker and burn a bit longer. I also tend to think they are more "homemade". Ken's sticks are fabulous but wish he went back to offering 5g tubes again....

Dr incense sticks I also really like - bare in mind that with all of these guys, if you are looking for purely Agarwood sticks and minimal blends, I think you are getting more bang for your buck that with the Japanese majors. You aren't paying for the same level of overhead with smaller vendors so I'd like to think you are getting a better deal - both better materials, more transparency, and lower cost.

Having done some exploring I've seen a few Chinese vendors specialiZing in hq sticks and bulk production to sell b2b as whitelabeled product. I don't think sticks are that expensive to make - no one is grinding up amazing wood you'd otherwise throw on your subitism and making sticks - with the exception of rasoul here lol who is a madman! (In a good way). A financial decision has to be in place whereby they realize they can make more money grinding up a certain wood to make sticks than they could by selling it as wood alone.

ASO’s MOLOUK bakhoor is a MUST HAVE! Super awesome! Mulouk contains two types of oudh, Merauke and Kalimantan, these two oudhs have a very green flavour.Extremely beautiful! [emoji7][emoji7]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The one you just commented on would be a good place to start! If aso has any left. If not, take a look next week when Dr incense drops the Brunei white kynam sticks. Based on what you are looking for, I'd be prepared to spend 100-200 per 5g.

You could also check out baeiedo and shoyeidos high end. To my nose, baeido tends have an auestere camohoric vibe

Hey hi Andrew; Which Baeiedo stick has a Camphoric note???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Quite a few of their sticks feature Borneo camphor. It's part of the signature incense masala they use. I'm looking around my room the first box of baieido I see is Kai un koh , and it has a nice camphor note in the box.
 
Back
Top