Really obsessing over the latest Dr Incense offerings......Both the Smiling and Hidden Orchid.

I usually shy away from any incense (or perfume) with the word Orchid or Gardenia or lotus ect because of the association with synthetic, floral monstrosity, hippy shop incense.
Well, if I had passed it up I would have missed out. These sticks are to die for this time of year.
 
ASO Floating mountain on a subitism burner.
different experience compared to burning. cleaner, easier to observe the nuances.
it has a very complex oud and kyara profile. totally relaxing...

After using my subitism burner for the last couple months, it's really hard to go back to burning sticks. I find I can heat a small 1cm piece for 30-60 minutes of enjoyment. I start with a gentle heat and slowly increase the temperature, releasing different notes and nuances as the temperature rises.
 
After using my subitism burner for the last couple months, it's really hard to go back to burning sticks. I find I can heat a small 1cm piece for 30-60 minutes of enjoyment. I start with a gentle heat and slowly increase the temperature, releasing different notes and nuances as the temperature rises.

Is heating incense sticks on sub something that you guys do a lot with the sticks?
I tend to just burn them........I suppose the sub would be good for certain ones, will have to investigate more, but I usually take an inch or two of stick (sometimes more if it is a long thin stick) and burn it laying down......Maybe I am wasting them......Would save a lot of money just heating them on sub but I like the smokeyness and the rush of notes that fills your space.
 
Is heating incense sticks on sub something that you guys do a lot with the sticks?
I tend to just burn them........I suppose the sub would be good for certain ones, will have to investigate more, but I usually take an inch or two of stick (sometimes more if it is a long thin stick) and burn it laying down......Maybe I am wasting them......Would save a lot of money just heating them on sub but I like the smokeyness and the rush of notes that fills your space.
I tried sticks on a sub, just a couple of times, but usually I just light them up, I like the rush of notes as well.
Another thing is that when a stick burns, a
portion of the resin constantly evades the glowing ember tip, so you seldom get that burnt resin smell until you reach the end. You can get a little of it when you start a new stick, but it quickly goes away.
With a sub on high, you can get that burnt resin note, and if you keep it low, you will get a different experience than lighting the stick.
However, it’s a preference thing, nothing wrong if one chooses to sub their sticks.
 
Is heating incense sticks on sub something that you guys do a lot with the sticks?
I tend to just burn them........I suppose the sub would be good for certain ones, will have to investigate more, but I usually take an inch or two of stick (sometimes more if it is a long thin stick) and burn it laying down......Maybe I am wasting them......Would save a lot of money just heating them on sub but I like the smokeyness and the rush of notes that fills your space.

I compared heating sticks on the subitism burner vs burning. Generally, many of the top notes seem lost when burned.

Heating gently slowly releases the aromas and offers a nicer experience for me. My wife is not a fan of smokiness either so it's a win-win for our home.
 
I compared heating sticks on the subitism burner vs burning. Generally, many of the top notes seem lost when burned.

Heating gently slowly releases the aromas and offers a nicer experience for me. My wife is not a fan of smokiness either so it's a win-win for our home.
The smokiness is a factor indeed. Gently heating on a sub will take care of that.
 
Really obsessing over the latest Dr Incense offerings......Both the Smiling and Hidden Orchid.

I usually shy away from any incense (or perfume) with the word Orchid or Gardenia or lotus ect because of the association with synthetic, floral monstrosity, hippy shop incense.
Well, if I had passed it up I would have missed out. These sticks are to die for this time of year.
Love those blends from Dr. Incense. His lotus incense are great too.
 
Shoyeido Go-un

It’s like a combination of Ga-ho,
Myo-ho, Sho-kaku, and the
tiniest bit of Nan-kun.

It should be called their
premium signature blend😀

I was wanting to try some of the Shoyeido premium incense before they discontinue.

Just wondering, as they are quite expensive, between Five Clouds, Infinity and Refinement which are generally more liked?
I realize that is a bit of an awkward question........There is no translucent path left.
And no guarantee that they will send to UK as a lot of sites lead you all the way through checkout, just to let you down at the last step saying no go to UK.....Can still hope though.
 
I was wanting to try some of the Shoyeido premium incense before they discontinue.

Just wondering, as they are quite expensive, between Five Clouds, Infinity and Refinement which are generally more liked?
I realize that is a bit of an awkward question........There is no translucent path left.
And no guarantee that they will send to UK as a lot of sites lead you all the way through checkout, just to let you down at the last step saying no go to UK.....Can still hope though.
For me GA-Ho n MYO-HO



Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
 
Baieido Kyara Kokoh

A special treat today.
I have to ration my use,
so I savor every moment.

Scent-wise, it’s in line with Kyara Koshiboku,
but with some green oil kyara.
No kinamic boosters, just the wood itself
along with Baieido’s signature use of
spices and herbs.
 
Back
Top