Burning the last bit of Devadaru Rose from Ken. Sad to see this one go but it’s such a fantastic smell.

Oh this one is so good. Devadaru in general is fantastic and the special one from Nov with the Tarakan and ambergris was outstanding as well. Kens stuff is almost universally great. Haven’t been disappointed with a single Oud of his.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Devadaru? What is that, cedar?
 
I have about 1/4 cord of deodar cedar stacked in my courtyard. When we burn that the whole yard and neighborhood smells pretty delicious. It is pretty intense we have some other cedars in there and the aroma from our fire pit is truly like incense. I also burned frank incense and agarwood out there by the fire pit on some evenings with guests visiting outdoors (well apart) this summer. Really luxurious
 
Wow sounds amazing. We have a huge triple trunk (which is sort a rare occurrence with these trees in captivity) deodar cedar in the front of our house. It is such a special tree and really makes the rustic character of our 1911 board and batten craftsman come alive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Devadaru? What is that, cedar?

It’s a 12 month fermented Stanford cedar which I’m not sure what the fermentation means in regards to the incense but it’s a beautiful scent mixed with frank and Agarwood! This particular batch I’m referring to has some beautiful rose added to it but his batch with Ambergris is one of the best incense compositions I’ve ever smelled.
 
Minorien Kyara Choko No. 5. I really like this one and their Ryugen. Both are very dense, complex, earthy, floral, and “wet” seeming, as Minorien likes to say. Ryugen being more floral and indulgent. Their Sandalwood and their Frankincense are also very good, especially considering the prices.
 
Ken's Redolence

Herbaceous and a bit musky. For me Frankincense stands out with a exquisite blending of aromatic herbs and spices. This smells very similar to incense offerings from Tibetan monasteries.


I just finished my last bit of this one. So good! I’m sad to see it go. I need to start collecting Tibetan incense but I have NO clue where to start. The couple sticks I have are terrible.
 
I just finished my last bit of this one. So good! I’m sad to see it go. I need to start collecting Tibetan incense but I have NO clue where to start. The couple sticks I have are terrible.
Taking Taesik's suggestions I ordered Holy Land Incense from incense-traditions.ca and ordered a few others along with it. They offer some samplers too. These definitely are not monkoh type incense. I use them when I think, my place needs a bit of cleansing.
 
Kida Jinseido Ikuhokoh

The back of my throat can feel this stick,
wonderful blend, but something in there is a little harsh.


Just found out yesterday that as of 12-22-20
Shoyeido discontinued their 3 Kyara sticks
Shokaku, Myoho, Goun. The remaining stock of retailers is all that’s left.
They do however have a new top premium
Myokaku
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Last edited:
Just found out yesterday that as of 12-22-20
Shoyeido discontinued their 3 Kyara sticks
Shokaku, Myoho, Goun. The remaining stock of retailers is all that’s left.
They do however have a new top premium
Myokaku
View attachment 15965

Wow I’m really sorry to hear that. But these three have been restricted to only one per customer at their Japanese boutiques for some time. Guess they’ve decided at this point it’s just too hard to source the materials. I’ll cherish my box of Myoho it is my favorite of the three.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top