potionspowdersandsundries - Nard rose


Jimmie(@potionspowdersandsundries) is an interesting person to talk with. he makes various perfume materials in a small batch and shares them with independent perfumers.
a while ago, Jimmie kindly shared his hand-crafted incenses and Nard-rose was one of the incenses that I have received.

Once it hits charcoal, it gently emits a fragrant citrusy rose scent that lifts the mood immediately. there other things than rose but I couldn't figure out what that is. thanks to supporting materials, it doesn't smell one-dimensional. usually, I don't like rose-based incense because they are mostly made with synthetic oils but this one is a whole natural composition. I don't get a headache! just a nice comforting, energizing rose scent.

If you are looking for a whole natural hand-made incense, you won't be disappointed with his incense.

Soundtrack: Poly Bridge Soundtrack - Campfire Dreams
Composited by Adrian Talens




potionspowdersandsundries - Cherry resin


Ball-shaped cherry resin from Jimmie(@potionspowdersandsundries).

What a fragrant cherry! I've never smelt anything like this in my life. it's very different compared to raw cherry, cherry-based perfume. it's sweet, fruity, leathery, smokey, floral. a full-bodied cherry scent experience it is!
I never expected cherry could smell leathery. but, it is distinctively cherry.

it's so lovely and playful. I really like this one.

Soundtrack: Poly Bridge Soundtrack - On The Road
Composited by Adrian Talens
 
Japanese Sticks

These are the essentials in my collection,
I don’t want to imagine my life without them.

Not in any particular order...

I like...
Baieido Kyara Kokoh old batch
Baieido Kyara Koshiboku old batch
Seijudo Kyara Enju
Seijudo Kyara Seiran
Seijudo Kyara Horen
Shunkohdo Kyara Seikan
Kunmeido Kyara Tenpyo
Minorien Kyara Chokoh no.5
Nipponkodo Tokusen Kyara Kayou
Nipponkodo Kyara Asuka
Nipponkodo Kyara Heian
Shoyeido Sho Kaku discontinued
Shoyeido Myo Ho discontinued
Shoyeido Go Un discontinued

and...
Baieido Jinkoh Kokoh old batch
Baieido Koh en old batch
Shunkohdo Ranjatai
Kunmeido Asuka
Kyukyodo Akikaze
Kyukyodo Sho Bai Koh
Minorien Fu-in Aloeswood
Tennendo Enkuu
Kida Jinseido Hanakokonoe
Shoyeido Ga Ho
Daihatsu Roukaku

These are based on my personal taste.
 
That's a list I'm saving a copy of. I can't think of anybody I would trust more than you to have knowledge of a broad spectrum of Japanese incense.
 
Japanese Sticks

These are the essentials in my collection,
I don’t want to imagine my life without them.

Not in any particular order...

I like...
Baieido Kyara Kokoh old batch
Baieido Kyara Koshiboku old batch
Seijudo Kyara Enju
Seijudo Kyara Seiran
Seijudo Kyara Horen
Shunkohdo Kyara Seikan
Kunmeido Kyara Tenpyo
Minorien Kyara Chokoh no.5
Nipponkodo Tokusen Kyara Kayou
Nipponkodo Kyara Asuka
Nipponkodo Kyara Heian
Shoyeido Sho Kaku discontinued
Shoyeido Myo Ho discontinued
Shoyeido Go Un discontinued

and...
Baieido Jinkoh Kokoh old batch
Baieido Koh en old batch
Shunkohdo Ranjatai
Kunmeido Asuka
Kyukyodo Akikaze
Kyukyodo Sho Bai Koh
Minorien Fu-in Aloeswood
Tennendo Enkuu
Kida Jinseido Hanakokonoe
Shoyeido Ga Ho
Daihatsu Roukaku

These are based on my personal taste.
Well that is a lot of kyaras 😋 lovely selection that is worth to keeping
 
Japanese Sticks

These are the essentials in my collection,
I don’t want to imagine my life without them.

Not in any particular order...

I like...
Baieido Kyara Kokoh old batch
Baieido Kyara Koshiboku old batch
Seijudo Kyara Enju
Seijudo Kyara Seiran
Seijudo Kyara Horen
Shunkohdo Kyara Seikan
Kunmeido Kyara Tenpyo
Minorien Kyara Chokoh no.5
Nipponkodo Tokusen Kyara Kayou
Nipponkodo Kyara Asuka
Nipponkodo Kyara Heian
Shoyeido Sho Kaku discontinued
Shoyeido Myo Ho discontinued
Shoyeido Go Un discontinued

and...
Baieido Jinkoh Kokoh old batch
Baieido Koh en old batch
Shunkohdo Ranjatai
Kunmeido Asuka
Kyukyodo Akikaze
Kyukyodo Sho Bai Koh
Minorien Fu-in Aloeswood
Tennendo Enkuu
Kida Jinseido Hanakokonoe
Shoyeido Ga Ho
Daihatsu Roukaku

These are based on my personal taste.
You are not a difficult person !
 
Baieido Hakusui
Long green stick
Discontinued

Considering its price,
I doubt there’s much agarwood
in this stick, but it does smell similar
to Baieido’s Hakusui agarwood,
dry, light on the herbs and spice,
and leaves a nice resinous smell in the air
even though it’s not resinous up front.
 
Back
Top