Ken’s Manilau

it’s taken quite a lot of study but this stick is surprisingly resinous and even a tad bit fruity. I’m not sure if it’s aging or the way I’m storing my incense now but this is fantastic.
 
Tiny bit?
Only a tiny bit stands out, there’s also a
non-distinct resin note, some wood,
and along with that, the Dr.’s signature scent,
probably from his binder formula.

For this morning..

IO Walla Patta stick

I’m so fond of Sri Lanka oudh,
and this stick does not disappoint.
 
Only a tiny bit stands out, there’s also a
non-distinct resin note, some wood,
and along with that, the Dr.’s signature scent,
probably from his binder formula.

For this morning..

IO Walla Patta stick

I’m so fond of Sri Lanka oudh,
and this stick does not disappoint.
Dr. incense processes his wood with honey right? I believe there’s something sweet in his binder as well. I noticed there’s a distinct smell to his pure Agarwood sticks that I don’t get with Craft Incense.
 
This is the Dr.’s secret binder, taken from his post
on Facebook.
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day


This excerpt from Kyarazen.com
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Minorien Fu-in Aloeswood new batch

I have grown to love the perfume of this stick.

What is the difference between the new and old batches? I have a small box of it which I bought a few years ago. While i enjoy it, I have found that is probably my least favorite in the Minorien line up. Really love their sandalwood, kyara, chokoh and ryugen though.
 
What is the difference between the new and old batches? I have a small box of it which I bought a few years ago. While i enjoy it, I have found that is probably my least favorite in the Minorien line up. Really love their sandalwood, kyara, chokoh and ryugen though.
More cedar note in the old batch, more oriental perfume note in the new batch.
 
I took a break from burning incense ( roughly a weak) . Wanted to reset my nose . Japaese incense are new to me, so even though I had liked it, I wasn't able to appreciate the delicate meditative nature of them. Still its an ongoing process but I am able to understand them relatively better.
Incense for the day : Holy lotus by Dr.Incense
 
Not an incense of the day. just sharing something fascinating

鹅梨帐中香 is an ancient Tang dynasty Chinese incense recipe that involves a fascinating process. check out the video to see the making process.

I randomly stumbled with this interesting incense while browsing the internet and thought you guys would interested as well. there are quite a lot of Chinese, Taiwanese, Singapore brands that makes incense based on this recipe. though I have not tried any of them.

In traditional Chinese medicine, pear described as has a cooling property and moistening the lung. this incense recipe is following that principle.
 
Few reviews of some recent burns...

Doc I Smiling Orchid— I don’t particularly enjoy the scent of this one, but I could see how others would. Musk, Sandal and Agarwood. But.....be a believer or not this incense has some kind of effect of waking me up and putting me in a fantastic mood. Maybe my Qi is super blocked up or something? Who knows.?

Doc I sinking Samadhi—I forgot I had picked this up. Gorgeous. Well rounded, well made, complex, seemingly made with high quality Agarwood. My number 1 blended incense. Adore it. Can’t wait to try latest, ultimate iteration with Ambergris (package stuck in Hawaii it seems.)

Kens (Yi-Xin Craft incense) For the Buddah— Close in scent to Samadhi. Such a nice burn. Lovely stuff... 2nd best blended from Ken I’ve experienced so far (see below). Should have picked up A LOT more.

Devradu Heavens blessing- This IS the best from Ken. Goes back and forth from floral, well done rose, to Agarwood to frankincense. A treasure. Magnificent. One to burn only on spec occasions. A truly gorgeous incense.

Kens Hawaiian Sandalwood Incense—I just don’t get pure Sandalwood incense, have tried KyaraZen, Doc I and Kens among others....they all smell like burning wood/campfire to me. This one is probably one of the best, but sorry....I just don’t get it I guess? I will keep trying though.

Kens Ocean Gold—A supremely high q incense which I am mad at myself for not picking up more. It was available for a long time. I think a lot of people saw Ambergris and stayed away. The Viet wood (Fusen Red Soil I believe) in this stick is rich and awesome. Awesome. Very nice.

Doc I various processed Agarwood—(Kalimantan, Myanma, Assam, Cambodian, Terranganu, Sri Lankan etc.,.)—seemingly Doc has really stepped up his game recently on these. The sinking pure Agarwood sticks get an A+ from me, and the non-sinking ones are not far behind. They burn perfectly, seem to represent the region very well, and the binder seems to not detract in any way from the wood. Awesome stuff.
 
Few reviews of some recent burns...

Doc I Smiling Orchid— I don’t particularly enjoy the scent of this one, but I could see how others would. Musk, Sandal and Agarwood. But.....be a believer or not this incense has some kind of effect of waking me up and putting me in a fantastic mood. Maybe my Qi is super blocked up or something? Who knows.?

Doc I sinking Samadhi—I forgot I had picked this up. Gorgeous. Well rounded, well made, complex, seemingly made with high quality Agarwood. My number 1 blended incense. Adore it. Can’t wait to try latest, ultimate iteration with Ambergris (package stuck in Hawaii it seems.)

Kens (Yi-Xin Craft incense) For the Buddah— Close in scent to Samadhi. Such a nice burn. Lovely stuff... 2nd best blended from Ken I’ve experienced so far (see below). Should have picked up A LOT more.

Devradu Heavens blessing- This IS the best from Ken. Goes back and forth from floral, well done rose, to Agarwood to frankincense. A treasure. Magnificent. One to burn only on spec occasions. A truly gorgeous incense.

Kens Hawaiian Sandalwood Incense—I just don’t get pure Sandalwood incense, have tried KyaraZen, Doc I and Kens among others....they all smell like burning wood/campfire to me. This one is probably one of the best, but sorry....I just don’t get it I guess? I will keep trying though.

Kens Ocean Gold—A supremely high q incense which I am mad at myself for not picking up more. It was available for a long time. I think a lot of people saw Ambergris and stayed away. The Viet wood (Fusen Red Soil I believe) in this stick is rich and awesome. Awesome. Very nice.

Doc I various processed Agarwood—(Kalimantan, Myanma, Assam, Cambodian, Terranganu, Sri Lankan etc.,.)—seemingly Doc has really stepped up his game recently on these. The sinking pure Agarwood sticks get an A+ from me, and the non-sinking ones are not far behind. They burn perfectly, seem to represent the region very well, and the binder seems to not detract in any way from the wood. Awesome stuff.
Just got my doctor incense package today with the enlightenment, pureland, and mugwort. Can't wait for the family to hit the hay so I can burn some tonight haha. I really need to get some of kens stuff. I hear nothing but great things about it.
 
Back
Top