Sampling some new Doc I this evening. Realized all of what I picked up this time is blended. First impressions are: Enlightenment is SUPER nice, Pureland is awesome, and Chinese Mugwort smells very much like weed. Apparently, and I didn’t realize this, Moxa smells a lot like grass. Have to remember not to use that one in morning before work, because it will scent my clothes and hair. Also, I received a little bit of “white tape” on my package explaining it’s delay. When cigars are opened usually there’s red tape and it doesn’t say agriculture. It also seems the Mugwort was opened and tested in some way. After burning it I think I know why....
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Really excited about these 🙂
I found these stick to be on the thicker side as compared to other sticks I have. Started with a small piece of Papua New Guinea stick. Out of the stadium! Total oud bliss. No off notes. Commendable craftsmanship. Attention to detail is palpable from the box itself. The tubes fit snug in the silk lined box.
View attachment 18192View attachment 18193
These are all fantastic and his attention to detail with the presentation is incredible. Wait til you try them all. You are in for an treat. Here’s mine. So happy to own one of these boxes.
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
These are all fantastic and his attention to detail with the presentation is incredible. Wait til you try them all. You are in for an treat. Here’s mine. So happy to own one of these boxes.View attachment 18217
Amazing!
I just came to know that he made only 9 such sets. I had no clue about that.
But each stick tells a story. I went for a ride tomorrow and was transported to another dimension.

I do not know whats's up with these but these four sticks resonated with me unlike any other stick. Specially the Hoi An and Malinau. Perhaps, the journey aspect of it is captivating, engaging.
If one could put the scent of Hoi An in a bottle, I would wear it as a perfume everyday, for the rest of my life.
 
Just tried my homemade
Musk Rose Sandalwood stick

It’s absolutely Stupendous🤩
The musk worked it’s magic on the rose
now I see why perfumers blend the two,
but to have it come across from a stick
the essence of that magic is revealed.

It does need more time to dry thoroughly,
but as of now I’m stoked.

Here’s the simple recipe;
2.5 g Indian sandalwood powder
.2 g makko
.2 g guar gum
5 drops rose otto ( I used Alteya)
5 drops of a very strong deer musk tincture
(I used a disposable .2 ml plastic pipette
to meter out the drops)
 
Just tried my homemade
Musk Rose Sandalwood stick

It’s absolutely Stupendous🤩
The musk worked it’s magic on the rose
now I see why perfumers blend the two,
but to have it come across from a stick
the essence of that magic is revealed.

It does need more time to dry thoroughly,
but as of now I’m stoked.

Here’s the simple recipe;
2.5 g Indian sandalwood powder
.2 g makko
.2 g guar gum
5 drops rose otto ( I used Alteya)
5 drops of a very strong deer musk tincture
(I used a disposable .2 ml plastic pipette
to meter out the drops)
What if you had just used charcoal, binders and the oil/tincture?
 
Stepping back to my "Jing Kwan" Korean temple sticks, which are now running low. The main ingredients in these sticks are frankincense, hindi agarwood, and sandalwood. I notice the very familiar smell of a frankincense tear placed directly on a white coal. These are more resinous and less woody than the Kayo sticks and pack a more noticeable psychoactive effect, likely due to the high amount of frankincense and agarwood. However, these are thicker/stronger sticks, so a few extra paces away and good airflow keep the experience enjoyable.
 
Ken's good old Mysore. He accidentally sent me these instead of the Timor Starwood sticks I ordered. :,-( haha... but how can I even complain. They're still so damn good.
He (or his shipper) mixed up Mysore with Timor Agarwood. I had pointed it out to him after I noticed 3 grams of very sandal smelling sticks in my 2 gram agarwood tube and vice versa 😅
 
Back
Top