I’ve crossed the Rubicon on ruh khus. Actually just a gram of double distilled vetiver that’s been sitting around for the last 8 years. I can’t normally wear vetiver anywhere near my face, but I’ve become so addicted to the way different oils are smelling now that I’m in a completely different climate that I thought I’d draw on a few centuries of wisdom and wear a cooling oil in the appropriate environment. Just a dot in each armpit and I get a slow waves of minty earthy green.
 
That’s what I think too, but it’s all speculation. More experienced musk experts like @NinjaRobb probably have the more accurate answer
I got some of that batch as well...really is very nice scent profile. I get chocolate and what you call honey, I think I got a sweetish note. No urine scent to my nose. A beautiful all round profile. I'll get to work making something special with this.
 
I got some of that batch as well...really is very nice scent profile. I get chocolate and what you call honey, I think I got a sweetish note. No urine scent to my nose. A beautiful all round profile. I'll get to work making something special with this.
It is indeed very very sweet, and i do get that chocolate note yeah. What are your plans with it? Any good oils to pair with it?
 
Hello All
Here is my Vanilla Musk paste
[Ouddict.com] Miscellany of the day
[Ouddict.com] Miscellany of the day
 
That looks nice. Are there any details about the vanilla that you used that you are willing to share?
 
It is indeed very very sweet, and i do get that chocolate note yeah. What are your plans with it? Any good oils to pair with it?
I've got a few brewing away for the last four years. They really are bursting out of their bottles with scent. However with the Tibetan I have a nice Malaysian oud I am planning to marry together. Also I have an antique government factory Mysore Sandal that I am eager to use together...
 
Hello All
Here is my Vanilla Musk paste View attachment 47650View attachment 47651
Wow I can almost smell it from here
I've got a few brewing away for the last four years. They really are bursting out of their bottles with scent. However with the Tibetan I have a nice Malaysian oud I am planning to marry together. Also I have an antique government factory Mysore Sandal that I am eager to use together...
Sounds like a solid plan 👍 good luck
 
Şam Gülü (Turkish rose) - Yusa

I have burned through 0.5g of this in about ten days 😅

Intense, zippy citrus, softened with warm honey and subtle spice notes. As it dries down, there is also a background note of copper pennies (nostalgia!)

This shows very little greenness, which makes it a nice addition to my collection, since I already have Saudi and Afghan roses that lean greener.

Has some viscosity to it - clings nicely to the dip stick.

Excellent quality - very happy with this purchase.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Miscellany of the day
    IMG_0995.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 66
Şam Gülü (Turkish rose) - Yusa

I have burned through 0.5g of this in about ten days 😅

Intense, zippy citrus, softened with warm honey and subtle spice notes. As it dries down, there is also a background note of copper pennies (nostalgia!)

This shows very little greenness, which makes it a nice addition to my collection, since I already have Saudi and Afghan roses that lean greener.

Has some viscosity to it - clings nicely to the dip stick.

Excellent quality - very happy with this purchase.
nice find, congrats!
 
Back
Top