Very nice,
Dear Rai :
What is Anuha Musk ?
Is it the same Center Asia? And if not which region it is?!
Thank you very much
 
Ensar Oud : Suriranka Senkoh
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Contemplating a purchase of this. I'm honestly so impressed with it. Is the newer release worth it compared to the older version? How much different is it because the price difference between the older 2nd hand sold version (initial release) and the one currently available on the EO site is like 1500!
I haven't tried the older one so cannot say much in this regard. This new version is pretty good. I like it a lot.
 
How is this? How does it compare to Borneo 3k? Is it very strong like B3K, lasts a long time? Overly pungent? What are the main notes or vibes you get from this?
 
How is this? How does it compare to Borneo 3k? Is it very strong like B3K, lasts a long time? Overly pungent? What are the main notes or vibes you get from this?
If you haven't tried the old one, it will be one of your top three. If you have tried the old one, it might be one of your top ten.

Yes, it is a bit pungent, a little bit rough. But incense or scent is beautiful. The old one is The Borneo. And it is a Borneo with very dominant Ceylon Oud and copper bitterness. Freshly kneaded flour trail is surely there.
The old one was not just Borneo for me; that was Malinau, Kelantan, Kalimantan and Borneo all turned into liquid. This is Borneo.

I juxtaposed four Borneo oils to know about its strength. Energy is at its peak. Projection is outstanding, though it is what I have always been least interested into. Middle notes and dry-down are superb. Above all, the first encounter clearly shows its Ensarian.
 
Tibetan Kashmiri Nepalese Musk Grains & Ambergris Paste: The one I prepared a year before I have used in a blend. Now this is a new one with more variety of Musk grains. I used wet Kashmiri grains. This time no sandal at all. Kept grinding it gently to have the ingredients fully mixed up. Now preserved in a jar. It is for sniffing.

View attachment 10351 View attachment 10352
I've never smelled musk before.
 
Frangipani: Its fragrance is light, while the dull white with yellow shade exudes deep, deep and deep scent.

If somebody has tried EO's frangipani, please share the views.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos


Rose: This is not indigenous. A couple of years before I found its plant at a nursery here. Its scent appears to be a blend of Gardenia and Rose minus zesty lemony/ citrusy kick. LOVELY!
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Frangipani: Its fragrance is light, while the dull white with yellow shade exudes deep, deep and deep scent.

If somebody has tried EO's frangipani, please share the views.

To my nose, it's clearly dominated by the red/pink/orange cultivars, with a somewhat thick, sweet scent like apple and orange blossoms sitting in a pool of warm caramel. It has amazing longevity, and more nuances emerge with time as the sweetness fades and it turns more earthy and citrusy. I quite like it at this stage.

I've long hoped to find an oil made exclusively from the white cultivar like the one found all over Hawaii. It is so ethereal and delicate, hauntingly beautiful. Ensar's is very nice, as is Tony Bolton's, but neither capture the scent I'm after.
 
Back
Top